There are lots of reasons to block a website. You may be blocking it as a content control for younger users, or to avoid interaction with a website that is known for spam and pop ups. Here are three ways to block a website on Safari for your iPhone, iPad or Mac computer or laptop:
How to Block a Website on Safari with an iPhone
- Open the Settings menu on your iPhone home screen by tapping the icon. It looks like a grey and black gear.
- From the Settings page, look for the Screen Time icon. It looks like an hourglass on a blue background.
- Tap Screen Time to open a menu with options. Look for Content & Privacy Restrictions. This icon looks like a red background and a white circle that has been struck through with a diagonal line.
- From the Content & Restrictions page, make sure that the toggle is switched to green, which allows you to control the restrictions.
- Next, tap on Content Restrictions. From there, tap Web Restrictions. It will say Unrestricted Access at first, but that will change once you’ve blocked the website that you want to restrict access to.
- Easily block adult sites by tapping Limit Adult Websites. A blue check mark will appear next to it.
- Choose what website to block by tapping Add Website under the heading Never Allow. Add the URL of the website that you want to block, and then you’re finished.
How to Block a Website on Safari with an iPad
- Start by opening the Settings from your iPad home screen. It looks like a grey and black gear.
- Once you have the Settings page opened, select Screen Time, which appears next to an icon that looks like a white hourglass on a blue background.
- From the Screen Time menu, select Content & Privacy Restrictions, which is found next to an icon that looks like a red square with a white circle that has been struck through with a diagonal line.
- Once you have opened the Content & Privacy Restrictions page, ensure that the toggle is switched to green, enabling you to control the restrictions.
- Quickly block websites that display adult content by tapping Limit Adult Websites. A blue check mark will appear next to it to show that you are limiting access to these sites.
- To select specific websites to block, find Never Allow, and tap Add Website. Enter the URL for the site or sites that you want to block, and they will not be able to be accessed from the device.
How to Block a Website on Safari with a Mac
- Launch Safari on your Mac computer or laptop.
- Click on the Safari Menu which is found in the upper left hand side of your screen, and select Preferences.
- Select the tab that reads Websites, and click on Content Blockers from that side bar.
- Choose a website that you would like to block or limit, and then open the Rules option associated with that website. Select Block to completely deny access to that website.
Ads by Google