Google Chrome is a versatile web browser that is popularly used with different OS systems these days. Among the benefits it offers, users can find ways to block out adult content and other kinds of malicious adware from showing up while they browse.
If you are concerned about blocking out adult sites, here are some changes you could do.
- Visit the Settings Section on Google Chrome
- Launch the web browser.
- Point to the three dot icon on the top right corner and click on the same.
- Find Settings in the drop-down menu that appears.
- Under Settings, you will find a separate section on Network Settings.
- Here a user can change Proxy settings; this can also be searched through the search bar.
- Launch Interface for Internet Properties
This will be found through the network settings. Once the interface of Internet Properties opens up, visit the Security tab under it. Here you will find a section on Restricted Sites. Click on the button called Sites.
- Enter Websites to Restrict
Once the sites list shows up you can manually enter URLs of adult websites you know. You need to enter each URL manually and click on Add button. The changes can be saved after that.
- Relaunch Google Chrome
After you have entered websites that have adult content and restarted the web browser you will not be bothered by such sites anymore.
- Prevent Pop-Ups on Google Chrome
Often adult content is displayed through annoying popup ads as well. To prevents such occurrences.
- Visit Settings tab on Google Chrome.
- Here you will find an option of popups.
- You can enable or disable the same.
The above steps can help to reduce the possibility of adult content popping up on Google Chrome. It is also recommended that you carry them out when your web browser is used by different family members, including children.