24 Hour Fitness is the largest fitness center in the country. With over 400 locations across the US, and roughly 400 million members are currently registered with the service today. If you want to cancel your membership, you have to know the deal. The online process is there for your help. Here is a list of steps that will help you understand the process.
- Keep Your Resources Ready
If you no longer wish to continue with your membership, then there are some ways to go ahead with it. 24 Hour Fitness offers a number of amenities across its locations. These things are nothing difficult o arrange, but you may have lost them or misplaced them and this can become a problem while canceling the membership. Before we go towards it, let us check briefly the list.
- Your name or the name on which the subscription was attain.
- The address of the member.
- The date of birth.
- The 10-digit check-in code.
The above should be kept handy when trying to cancel your subscription or membership. Many times you forget the stuff because you didn’t pay attention when filling them up. This is important to keep note. The 10-digit code is important too. Before trying out using the stuff, there are some important things to keep in mind. You might want to decide on the form of cancellation.
- Decide on the Form of Membership
You can read the terms and conditions on their site for more details on this. Here is a list of such forms.
- Cancellation within 3 to 5 days.
- Basic or Loyalty memberships paid monthly.
- Commitment memberships paid monthly.
- Prepaid limited-term memberships.
The 3 to 5 days is a quick service. If you intimate the 24 Hour Fitness officials within 3 to 5 days of your membership, you are entitled to a full refund on the cancellation. Any monthly period membership must be cancel by sending a notice to 24 Hour Fitness. This will initiate a chain of processes from stopping future payments billed monthly to other things.
You can begin with obtaining a copy of your membership if you don’t recall properly. Try to access your account online and go to the website to access the details.
- Choose the Cancellation Method
The cancellation method is important and based on your convenience you can choose one of three. There are three methods:
- Cancellation via Phone.
- Cancell via Person.
- Cancellation via Writing.
The process using the above is listed below in little detail.
- Cancellation via Phone
In case of using the phone, first, call their toll-free number 1-800-432-6348 for membership services. Once you get connect, ask to cancel your membership. You might have to give them the required information such as the things discussed above.
- Cancellation via Person
- If you wish to choose to cancel in person, you have to visit your local 24 Hour Fitness Club.
- Ask to meet with the team leader who handles the processes relating to membership.
- Then, you can ask to cancel your 24 Hour Fitness membership. And, there is a third way to go about it too.
- Cancellation via Writing
- You can choose to send in writing your request. This would be the most time-consuming process also. You have to find the postal address of your local gym, and this is the best bet. There is no need to send it to the gym where you had taken the membership originally.
- Also, finding the address of the local gym is super easy. Just head to their website and search for the one near your area and find its complete postal address. In the letter, you have to indicate the purpose of the same, which is “Cancel your membership”.
- Also, you have to include all the account or membership-related information that you were told to right above in Step One.
- Take Care of the Terms and Conditions
Some of the basic information that you need to know and remember is outlined here. Also, it will help you understand what you need to do and when you can take some preparatory steps.
- If you have not been a member of 24 Hour Fitness for the past six months or more, then you are eligible for a 3-day pass. This relates to both members and guests of the fitness club.
- There are a lot of situations when you would want to keep your membership on hold. This includes the cases of military work, job transfer or deployment and so forth. You can wish to not cancel, but keep it on hold during the time period.
- Know your local cooling off period. Your cooling-off period can be used to cancel your 24 Hour Fitness subscription quickly without having anything to let go. Your entire membership money will be refund too. In many or most places it is just 3 days, except for California and Hawaii where it is 5 days.
- Know When Cancellation is not Available
Your 24 Hour Fitness membership cancellation is not available if you happen to be a prepaid limit-term member.
- It is also not applicable to someone under the commitment period of the membership.
- In these two cases, you have to wait for some time. Or, change the plans or membership type.
Finding the address is not difficult, but to ensure that your letter reaches them is a difficult thing. You have to write a letter, now that we have mentioned it.
Do not forget to document all the communication done with 24 Hour Fitness related to your membership’s cancelation. If you track down your efforts, you will not have trouble with cancellation, or in case legal action is required. Most of the communication is done in writing and is certified by the US Post Office. Doing the transaction via email provides a trail of your communications. In case you were able to talk to a 24 Hour Fitness employee in person, do not forget to record the name, time, date, and what you have discussed during the meetup.