Chromecast is a streaming media adapter that allows users to play online contents such as videos and songs on a digital TV.
The adapter is plugged into the HDMI port of the TV to power the deviceYou can change Chromecast Wi-Fi in the following ways:
Using Google Home
If the already paired up Wi-Fi network has problems or is unavailable, you can change the Wi-Fi network using Google Home.
- Make sure your tablet or mobile phone is paired up with the same Wi-Fi network as your Chromecast Audio, Chromecast or Google Home.
- Open the ‘Google Home’ app. Tap your ‘Google Home’ device.
- Tap settings > ‘Wi-Fi’ > ‘Forget the Network’.
- Now, you will be taken back to your home screen.
- Follow the on-screen set-up steps to set up your device on a new network.
If your existing Wi-Fi connection is problematic, you can change the Wi-Fi network on your iPhone by following these simple steps.
- First of all, you must ensure that your iPhone is connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your Chromecast Audio – https://www.google.com/chromecast/audio/explore/, Chromecast or Google Home.
- Now, open the Google Home app and tap on your ‘Google Home’ device.
- Tap on your ‘Device Settings’ and scroll down to the ‘Wi-Fi’ network and then tap on ‘Forget’ and ‘Forget Wi-Fi Network’.
- Now, you have to complete the onscreen instructions to set up your iPhone on a new Wi-Fi network.
You can follow the below-mentioned steps to change the Wi-Fi network connected to Chromecast.
- Make sure that your computer is connect to the same Wi-Fi network as your Chromecast, Chromecast Audio or Google Home.
- Open the Google Home app and tap on the ‘Device’.
- Tap on ‘Settings’ and navigate to the Wi-Fi network and then tap on ‘Forget Wi-Fi Network’.
- Complete the on-screen instructions to set your device on a new Wi-Fi network.
Change Chromecast Wi-Fi Network
You change your Wi-Fi network that connects your Chromecast and digital TV easily with the following steps.
- Make sure to connect your device to the same Wi-Fi network as your Chromecast, Chromecast Audio or Google Home.
- Open the ‘Google Home’ app and go to ‘Device Settings’ – https://support.google.com/chromecast/answer/7331010?co=GENIE.Platform%3DAndroid&hl=en.
- On the ‘Settings’ sections, click on the ‘Wi-Fi Network’ and then ‘Forget the Wi-Fi Network’.
- To set up your device on a new Wi-Fi network, complete the on-screen steps.
You can connect your Chromecast and your digital TV for watching online videos and songs. If you receive any interruptions, you can change your Chromecast Wi-Fi network from the laptop.
- Before starting, make sure to hook up your laptop and Chromecast on the same Wi-Fi network.
- Open the ‘Google Home’ app and navigate to ‘Device Settings’.
- Scroll down to the Wi-Fi network and tap on the ‘Forget Wi-Fi Network’.
- Complete the onscreen steps to set up your device on a new Wi-Fi network.
- Now, watch the online content on your digital TV.
You change the Chromecast Wi-Fi network from various devices. However, you should make sure to keep your Chromecast and your device in the same Wi-Fi network. Otherwise, you cannot change the Wi-Fi network.