If you want to change the location of where your downloaded files go on your Mac, there are a few simple steps you will need to follow.
The method you use will depend on the web browser you useThis article will provide you with detailed instructions on each method.
If you use Safari as your primary web browser, changing the location of your downloads is very easy.
- First you will need to launch the Safari app. You can find it in the menu in the top left corner of the desktop screen.
- When you open the drop down list, select Preferences.
- Once the Preferences window is open, navigate to the General tab.
- You will see a section called “File download location”. Select the location on your hard drive where you want all future files to be saved. A lot of people choose the desktop, but you can pick any folder on your hard drive.
If you are using Firefox as your main web browser, you will need to follow these steps to change the downloads location.
- First you need to launch the Firefox browser on your computer.
- Select the Menu in the top left hand corner of the screen.
- Navigate to Preferences.
- Go to the General tab and look for the section called “Save files to”.
- You will see a white bar next to this section. Click the Choose button and navigate to the area of your computer where you want your downloads saved. Again, you can choose any folder you want.
Many people use Chrome as their default web browser, and changing your downloads location in it is extremely quick and simple.
- The first thing you need to do is launch Chrome on your computer.
- Select the Menu at the top right corner of the screen and navigate to Preferences.
- Go to the Settings tab and then click on Show Advanced Settings.
- You will see a section that says “Downloads” with a white bar underneath.
- Click the “Change…” button and select the area of your computer where you want your files to be saved.
Click the OK button on the main menu when you are finished. This will save the changes in your browser.