Google Voice is slowly changing the course previously established by the telecom industry. With time, we are looking at a steady influx of people shifting to Google Voice.
How to Set-Up Google Voice Phone Number?
Follow the following procedure in order to set up your Google Voice number.
- You can use any of the devices from your personal desktop or laptop computer to your Android or iOS mobile devices.
- Depending on which go to either the Google Voice website (https://voice.google.com/) or access it from your respective app store.
- Next, the process is similar for all the devices. ‘Sign-In’ into your Google account and then accept the terms and conditions to proceed further.
- Now, look for a number depending on your city or area code. After you have decided upon the number you want, click on ‘Select and Follow’ the onscreen instructions to complete the process.
How to Change Google Voice Forwarding Number?
You can use your Google Voice number to receive and make calls on other such numbers. For this purpose, both the computer and your mobile device could be used.
- If you want to change where you receive your calls, visit the Google Voice page on a personal computer from a web browser.
- Next, in the top right corner, you will find the settings. Click on the ‘Settings’ and then go to Calls.
- Under the header of ‘Incoming Calls’, turn off devices which you don’t want to use for receiving calls. And in the alternate header, you will get the option to change the numbers your calls are being forwarded to.
- If you want to remove a number, go back to the settings and then go to the accounts. You will find a ‘Cross’ icon next to your linked number. Click on it to remove that number.
- Now back to the main settings and under the linked numbers, click on ‘New Linked Number’ and enter your mobile number to link it. Now, just follow the onscreen instructions.
How to Switch Google Voice Numbers between Accounts?
You can also move your Google Voice number over a different Google account. Unlike the process involved in porting a phone number, transferring your Google Voice number is easier.
- Open ‘Google Voice’ on your personal computer from a browser and go to the ‘Menu’ in the top left corner.
- In the menu, go to ‘Legacy Google Voice’ and then click on ‘Settings’.
- Under the phones tab, click on ‘Transfer’ right next to your linked mobile number to transfer it to another Gmail ID. You will have to agree to the terms and conditions for the completion.
- Now, from the new Google Voice account, set up and link your number.
- You can use your mobile number in place of your Google Voice number.
In case you want to transfer your Google Voice number to another Google account, the process can be completed after a few clicks in the ‘Settings’ option.
Can I change my Google Voice number for free?
You can replace your current Google Voice number with a new one for $10. After you change your number, you can‘t undo the process or get your money back. On your computer, go to voice.google.com. Legacy Google Voice.
Can I delete my Google Voice number and get a new one?
Why does Google Voice change the number?
How long do Google Voice numbers last?
What happens if I delete my Google Voice number?
Can a Google Voice number be traced?
Is Google Voice free for personal use?
How do I get rid of Google Voice?
- Navigate to Settings.
- Tap the General tab.
- Under “Personal“ find “Language and Input“
- Find “Google voice typing“ and tap the Settings button (cog icon)
- Tap “Ok Google“ Detection.
- Under the “From the Google app“ option, move the slider to the left.
Is Google Voice app safe?
When you record a voicemail greeting on Google Voice, or when you leave a voicemail for others, your audio data is stored. Texts, calls, and voicemails are synced across your devices. You can delete text messages, calls, or voicemails.
Where are Google Voice settings?
- Open your device’s Settings app .
- Select Accessibility, then Voice Access.
- Select Settings.
What happened to my Google Voice number?
After your number is reclaimed, your messages are still in your Voice account, but you can’t get calls or texts. After the reclaim date, you have 45 days when you can get your Voice number back. On your computer, go to voice.google.com. Sign in to your Google Account.
Why can I not create a Google Voice account?
How much is Google Voice a month?
|Google Voice Standard||USD 20 per license. For example, if you have 25 users, you’re charged USD 500 each month.|
|Google Voice Premier||USD 30 per license. For example, if you have 150 users, you’re charged USD 4,500 each month.|