Convert Youtube Video to Mp3 on Computer
METHOD 1: Using Mp3 Converter
- Launch your desktop browser and then navigate to the Youtube home page. Note that you don’t require to get logged in for you to access the videos that you want to convert to mp3. However, you might encounter restrictions on age-restricted content.
- Find the video that you want to download. For you to find the video that you want to download without ending up with a migraine, navigate to the upper part of the Youtube page and click in the search bar.
- After that, type in the keywords associated with the video that you want to download and hit on the “Enter” button. Doing that will bring you all the videos that are associated with your keyword in the search bar.
- From the search results, click on the video that you want.This will open the video and prompt it to play. If your video doesn’t appear on the first page, you can scroll down and find it. Ensure that the video that you want to download isn’t in a playlist version. If so, you wouldn’t be able to download the video since the playlist video versions are not compatible with the online video to Mp3 converters.
- When the video opens and starts to play, single-click on the address bar to highlight the address to your video. Once you click on the address, the complete address should appear in blue. To copy the address, press on the “Ctrl + C” if you’re using Windows PC, or click on the “⌘ Command + C” in case you’re using macOS.
Note: If you notice that your video address doesn’t highlight when you single-click on it, you can try double-clicking on it. Alternatively, you can try dragging the cursor across the address.
- With your link copied, head to the MP3 video converter site using the hyperlink.
- When the site opens, it’s now time to paste the URL address that you had copied earlier. After that, navigate to the text field located on the upper part of the video converter page. Now, if you’re using Windows Pc, press on the “Ctrl + V”. And press on the “⌘ Command + V”. Doing that will paste the video link in the text field.
- Having done that, proceed and click and choose the type of file that you want to download. To do that, click in the dropbox for “Choose file type to convert to”. After that, click on the “.mp3” option.
- Next, navigate to the lower part of the page and click on the green “Start” This prompts the converter to begin the process of converting the video to an mp3 format. This might take a couple of minutes.
- When your video is fully converted to an mp3 file, you will be prompted to “Download your converted file” This will appear in green on the left side of the page. Click on the button to get the mp3 downloaded to your computer.
- Find your mp3 file. By default, all the files downloaded are directed to the “Download”
Note: The time taken to get your mp3 file will depend on your internet speed and the file size of the video you’re downloading.
METHOD 2: Using Audacity
On Windows PC
Using your preferred browser, download Audacity from the developer’s official website and then install it on your computer.
After that, navigate to Edit, Preferences to get to the “Settings”
On the left of the “Settings” window, select on the “Devices”
On the upper part of the “Interface” section, change your Host to “Windows WASAPI.”
Go to the lower part of the page and change the “Device” option to an output device such as headphones and much more. Now that your converter is well set, tap on the “OK” button.
From your default web browser, launch the video that you’d wish to convert. In this step, you can use any browser of your choice.
Next, be ready and click on the “record” button located in the Audacity as quickly as you can. Alternatively, you can record the video first and then start it later. But still, you will edit the video to remove the mute part of the video.
To stop recording, hit the “stop.”
Save your Mp3 file. Now, navigate to “File,” then “Export,” and finally, “Export as mp3.” By doing that, your Mp3 will get saved on your computer.
Start by downloading the Audacity software and Soundflower. After that, locate your downloaded programs and install them. If you’re not able to install Soundflower, check on your security settings. To do that, go to “System preferences.” After that, click on the “Security & privacy. “Next to the blocked from loading,” click on the “Allow.”
Click on the “System Preferences” tab and then click on the “Sound” option.
After that, choose the “Soundflower (2ch)” as the output device in the output tab located in the “Sound.” screen.
After that, navigate to Audacity, then open the “Preferences” and open the “Devices” tab located on the left side.
Select the “Soundflower (2ch)” as your device option under the “Recording” section.
Open the “Recording” tab and enable the “Software Playthrough of input.” So that you can hear the sound as you play the video.
When through with adjusting the settings, click on the “Ok” button to make your changes.
Open the video that you want to convert and save it into Mp3. Now, here comes a bit challenging task as you should click on the “Play” on the video and the “record” simultaneously. This ensures that you don’t miss the beginning part of the Video.
Use the “Stop” button found in the Audacity to end your recording. To save the mp3 file, navigate to File, and then “Export” and finally click on the “Export as MP3.” And that’s much about it.
METHOD 3: Using Convert2MP3
- From your favorite browser, navigate to the Youtube homepage.
- Find the video that you want to convert into Mp3. To find the video, click on the search bar located on the upper part of the screen. Then, type the name of the video or keyword and hit on the “Enter” button on your keyboard.
- From the search results, click on your target video. Before clicking on the video, ensure that it’s not in playlist format since the playlist version may not work well on most online video converters.
- Next, copy the address of your video. To copy the link, navigate to the upper part of the page and click on the address bar. Doing so will highlight the entire link. After that, press on the “Ctrl + P” if you’re using Windows PC or news on the “⌘ Command + C” if you’re using a Mac computer. If your video address is not getting highlighted by a single-click, then try double-clicking on it and then drag your cursor over it.
- With the copied link, navigate to the Convert2MP3 website through your browser.
- While on the website for Convert 2MP3, click in the text field for “Insert video link” and then paste your link that was copied to the clipboard by either pressing on the “Ctrl + P” for windows PC or pressing on the “⌘ Command + V” for Mac. Doing so will paste your video link into the text field.
- After that, click on the orange “Convert” button located on the right of the page.
- Edit your mp3 music file’s information. If you don’t want to edit the data, you can click on the “Skip this page”
- Click on the green “Continue” button located towards the bottom of the page. By clicking on that button, your video will begin to convert to mp3.
Note: If you skipped the previous step, skip this one too.
- Finally, click on the green “Download” button found at the bottom of the page, and your video should start downloading to your computer’s storage.
- Find your Mp3 file after downloading it. By default, your computer will store any downloaded file in the “Downloads” folder.
Convert Youtube Video to Mp3 on iPhone and iPad
Download and install the free Readdle’s Documents app on your iPhone or iPad. Even though there are other apps like Documents that can do the same task, this Riddle’s app works pretty well as you can lock your iPhone without your music getting stopped.
Launch the Documents app by tapping on the icon. At this point, you might be taken through a few basic tutorials showing how you can use the app.
Next, tap on the small browser icon located in the bottom right corner of the screen to open the Document’s browser and decline when prompted to enter your email.
Navigate to the “GenYouTube site” by deleting all the texts found on the address bar and replace the texts by “genyoutube.net” in the address bar. Alternatively, you can paste the link of any other Youtube download site, email, or text. Having done that, tap on the “Search”
After tap on the search bar GenYouTube site and type in the name of the video that you want to download and then hit on the “Search.” GenYoutube can help to find your video quickly since it uses Youtube as its search engine.
In your search result page, locate the video you want to download in Mp3 format and tap on it. Having done that, scroll down the page to the “Download Links” and then tap on the “MP3” link just below the “Download Link”
Name your file when prompted in the pop-up window that appears. Type in the name in the “Name” textbox that appears at the top.
On the upper-right corner, tap on the “Done.” By tapping on the “Done” button, you will be through with the download process. Now, you can go ahead to the next step to listen to your song.
Play your downloaded music file. If you’d wish to listen to your MP3 file, tap on the down-pointing arrow at the lower part of the screen and tap on your favorite Mp3 music that you’d like to listen to. And that’s it. Enjoy your time!
Convert Youtube Video to Mp3 on Android
- Tap on the Youtube App icon on your home screen. If you haven’t installed the MP3 app on your phone, you can head to the Youtube homepage using your mobile browser. Alternatively, you can head to the Google Play Store and download it in the steps below.
- Tap on the “Play Store”
- When Play Store opens, type “youtube” in the search bar and the red app will appear.
- After that, tap on the Youtube app to open it.
- Having done that, tap on the “Install”
- When fully Installed on your Android devices, launch it, and proceed to step 2.
- Tap on the icon for “Search” that resembles a magnifying lens. It’s located on the upper-right corner. After that, type in the title of the video that you want to watch. If you can’t recall the exact name of the video, you can search for the video using related keywords and then find your video from the search results.
- When you get to the video that you were looking for, tap to open it. Having done that, tap on the “Share” button that appears below your video. Doing that prompts a pop-up window to display.
- In the pop-up window that has just opened, tap on the “Copy link” to copy the link to clipboard.
- After that, you can close the Youtube app and then launch your “Google Chrome” browser from the home screen. When the browser opens, tap on the address bar located on the upper side of the screen. Doing that highlights the entire address. Remove the address, type in “youtubemp3.to” in the address bar, and then hit on the “Enter” or “Search.” By doing that, you’ll get directed to YouTubeMP3.to site.
- Bearing in mind that you copied a URL address of your video on Youtube, tap the text field and then tap again for the “Paste” option to appear. Next, tap on the “Paste” option to get the link pasted in the text field.
- Next, tap on the red “Convert” button located almost in the middle of the screen. When you click on this button, the process of converting your video should start immediately.
- After your video is fully converted, a green “Download” button will appear. Tap on the green “Download” button to get the mp3 saved to your Android mobile.
- Find your downloaded Mp3 file and play it. To play your downloaded file, open your “Files” app or your Android’s default File Manager. Alternatively, you can download and install the ES File Explorer. After that, choose File storage. Next, locate the Downloads or Download folder. Tap on the folder. Finally, find the Mp3 file and then tap on it to play. And that is much about it.
Ads by Google