Social media has entered each and every part of our lives and this includes job searching.
LinkedIn is a community-based ‘Social Media Networking’ platform which is created for professional interactions and employment.
How to Create a LinkedIn Profile for a Company?
For people to have meaningful interactions on a professional networking platform like LinkedIn, it is important that companies join the platform as well. If you are the owner of a company, then joining LinkedIn can help your company build an online presence and find potential employees.
- Go to your home page and find the ‘Work’ icon on the top right corner.
- Subsequently, click on ‘Create a Company Page’.
- Select the type of company you represent whether it is a small business, a medium business or an educational institution and so on.
- Enter the company details and profile details then click the verification box which confirms that you have the ability to act on behalf of the company and then finally hit ‘Create a Page’.
How to Create a LinkedIn Profile for Students?
It has become increasingly important for everyone including students to maintain a professional online presence. Since the students of today are the workforce of tomorrow, having a LinkedIn presence will help them find potential employers.
- Once you finish signing up, you need to choose the best headline which provides information about who you are.
- Choose an appropriate photo which looks professional. Don’t opt for selfies or photos taken in casual settings.
- Write crisp and to the point professional summary of yourself and fill up the skills section with all the skills that you possess.
- Connect with people, keep your profile up to date and update your status frequently.
- Collect recommendations from people and get people you have worked under to endorse your skills.
How to Create a LinkedIn Profile for Business?
To benefit from the large network of individuals present on LinkedIn, a host of business joins the platform. A crisp and concise profile about what the business does is a must.
- After creating a page for a business, it all comes down to how effectively the page is run.
- Make sure that you put up informative and well-curated content on your business page.
- Post activities and initiatives that your company is undertaking and also share any member bonding initiatives undertaken by the company.
- Post any job vacancies on your business page.
How to Create a LinkedIn Profile Link?
Creating a profile on LinkedIn is just the first step for utilizing this platform. After creating your profile, you can share them with potential contacts and potential employers by creating a link to your profile.
- To create a link, go to your LinkedIn homepage, tap the ‘Me’ icon and then click on ‘View Profile’.
- Look for the ‘Edit Public Profile & URL’ option on this page.
- You can edit the last part of the URL in the text box to customize your link.
- Once you are satisfied with the new link, hit save.
How to Create a LinkedIn Profile for Job Search?
One of the best advantages of having a LinkedIn (https://www.linkedin.com/) profile is that you can use it to search for jobs. However, you need to tailor your profile according to the job you want.
- Decide which job you want and then remove unnecessary details from your profile.
- Make sure you enter the skills section of the profile properly.
- Add all relevant certifications and awards along with past experience if any.
- Put up a good crisp and professional profile picture and summary.
- Enable the option that allows recruiters to view you as someone who is actively searching for jobs.
- Customize your LinkedIn profile based on your field and what you wish to achieve through it.
- Make sure you regularly update your experience on your profile.
Don’t add false information on your profile.
When should you create a LinkedIn profile?
How do I create a professional LinkedIn profile?
- Increase your searchability. Some companies search for future employees by looking through LinkedIn before they actually post the job online, causing your profile to become a pseudo-resume.
- Tap into the job board.
- Build your professional brand.
- Showcase your personality.
How do I create a LinkedIn account with no experience?
Do employers look at LinkedIn?
- Step 1: Upload a professional photograph.
- Step 2: Add your Location and Industry.
- Step 3: Customize your LinkedIn URL.
- Step 4: Write a Summary.
- Step 5: Describe your experience.
- Step 6: Add 5 skills or more.
- Step 7: Fill out Education.
- Step 8: Add 50+ Professional Connections.
What should you not do on LinkedIn?
Should I put my resume on LinkedIn?
Can I use the LinkedIn logo on my resume?
How do I post my resume on LinkedIn without my employer knowing?
- Search for a job.
- Click or tap on a job title to view details.
- Click or tap the Easy Apply button.
- Complete the required fields.
- Under Resume (optional), select Upload resume to upload your resume.
- Click or tap Submit application when finished.