If you own an iPhone or iPad, then Safari is a core app that comes pre-installed.
It can sometimes develop errors that prevent it from running, so reinstalling it may become necessary.
You can also use Safari on other Apple devices that use iOS or macOS. This browser has a windows version available to use as well.
4 Steps to Follow When Downloading Safari
- If you are using an iMac or MacBook Pro or Air, then you will need to reinstall the latest version of macOS that your device supports. This process will put Safari back into your Applications folder without removing data from the computer.
- If you use Windows and want Safari as your primary browser, then you will need to download version 5.1.7 for your computer. This version was last updated in 2016, so it is not compatible with a Windows 10 device. You can still use it if your operating system is Windows XP, Vista, or 7.
- If you deleted Safari from an older iMac or MacBook that doesn’t support the latest macOS, then you can download the version that works for your current system. Apple provides options that go back to 2004 and Safari 1.2, depending on the age of your device.
- When you operate an older device, you might see an update to Safari available to you through your App Store. Check the Updates tab to see if you have a download option available to you.
Downloading Safari Through Time Machine
Mac users have the option to use Time Machine as a way to download Safari once again. This backup feature automatically keeps a copy of your photos, music, apps, and other system files. You can then restore your original files if they are ever deleted from your system.
This option is only available to you if you have Time Machine creating backups for you.
Downloading Safari for iPhone and iPad
You cannot delete Safari from your iPhone or iPad. If you do not have access to this browser on your device, then you have likely disallowed it somehow. Turning this permission back on will fix this problem.
- Go to the Settings icon on your home screen.
- Choose the “General” option and then go to the Restrictions command. Tap on it.
- Look for the Safari slider and ensure it is in the “on” position.
Following these steps will ensure that Safari can function as intended on your Apple or Windows device.