First, you should go to the settings options on your home screen to allow installation of apps from unknown sources.
This is because Showbox is not found in the primary application stores such as Google Play Store or Galaxy Apps.
Here are the steps you should follow:
- Go to settings either by sliding the top bar on your phone and tap the settings button. You can also get the settings option on your android phone’s Home Screen or Apps Menu.
- Next, click on the Apps and Notification options. You will get a list of recently opened apps and other options below the apps. Some devices allow you to allow download from unknown sources on this tab while for others you should go to the next step.
- At the bottom of the options, tap the Special App Access.
- Click Install Unknown Apps and choose the browse you would like to use to install Showbox e.g. Chrome or Opera.
- Slide the Allow from this source button until it is blue to from grey to show that you can now download the app.
- After allowing downloads from unknown source for your browser, proceed to launch your android browser. Make sure you are connected to the internet or wi-fi.
- Go to a safe Showbox Download source because some can have redirects. The app is not found in primary apps download sources like Play Store.
Note: It is advisable to have an anti-virus when downloading this app. You can avoid data scraping and make sure that your information is secure.
- Scroll down and identify the Download Showbox icon in green. Click on the link and wait for the file to download. In case you get a popup that your browser does not have permission to download the file, click allow. You can revisit the steps above to allow downloads from an unknown source.
There is probability of getting a notification indicating that the link is unsafe or it can destroy your device. If asked if you still want to download, click ok and proceed with the download.
- Once the Showbox App is installed on your phone, you should click open and then install the app.
- Once installed, you can enjoy your favorite movie or show on the list. Else, you can search for the film that you want to watch on your android phone.
- Download Shobox on Android TV
- Just like in Android phone, you should follow the steps to download apps from unknown sources to get access to Showbox app.
- Launch the browser you want to use to download the app. On the typing bar, type showbox download and select one of the safe options like apk Pure and click download.
- Click ok for the popup informing you the app can destroy your device and wait for the app to download.
- Once the download is complete, click on the 3 dots icon ⋮on the top right and select downloads to access the just downloaded file.
- Next, click on the file and select open to launch the file and select install. When the app is installed, you can open it by going back to the Home Screen.
- Select the app and you are ready to watch your favorite movie or TV show. The app also displays the trending videos on the left side bar of the app.
Tip: If you old Showbox app is not responding, it is likely that your app is outdated. You should uninstall the app and install it again to access the videos.
- How to Uninstall Showbox App on your Device
- Tap the settings icon on your Home Screen.
- Scroll down the list and then select Apps & Notifications.
- Next, select the option to view/see all the apps.
- Scroll down and select the app you want to uninstall, in this case Showbox.
- Before installation, it is advisable to click on FORCE STOP so that you can deactivate any running tasks on the application.
- After forcing stop, you should click on UNINSTALL to get rid of the application. You will get a notification that uninstall is complete.
- Go ahead and use the steps above to install an updated version of Showbox in your device.
You can also uninstall the program directly from the Home Screen.
- First, you should hold on the app and until you get a prompt with options to Share, Uninstall, Application Details and Uninstall.
- Select uninstall and you will get a pop up asking: Do you want to uninstall this app?
- Click ok and within seconds you will have the app uninstalled from your device.
Note: If you try the above trick and your Showbox app does not function properly, maybe your device does not support the latest version and the previous version has been rendered obsolete.