Snapchat has very quickly become on of the most used social media apps, particularly by a younger audience, here I will walk you through how to add you location onto any snap you take.
- Open your Snapchat app. This is the easiest part. Then if you are not already logged in, sign in here, any problem regarding logging in can be sorted on this screen too.
- Once you are successfully logged in, you will be opened onto one of two screens. Either the chats screen or the camera screen, you want to be on the camera screen. So, if you are put onto the chats screen, it’s easy to get onto the camera screen, just one swipe to the left.
TIP – To get onto the camera screen, only swipe left once! If you swipe twice it will put you on the stories screen.
- The next step is to swipe down on the camera screen, this will open the Snapchat map, on this screen you can see your location and your connections’ locations.
- When you are on the Snapchat map then the next step once you’ve finished looking up everyone’s location is to go onto the settings. This is done by pressing the little cog in the top right-hand corner of the screen.
- After this you can select who can see you on the Snapchat map, if you want to keep your privacy so no one can see your location click on ‘Ghost Mode’. You also have three more options, ‘My friends’ which is everyone on your friends list. ‘My friends, except…’ which is your full list of friends minus a few exceptions. ‘Only These Friends…’ this will mean only a few selected friends.
- To add your location on to your snaps, you have to back out of the Snapchat app. So go to your phone’s home screen and open your settings.
- Step seven is go into your phones Location settings, and turn on location services.
TIP – ‘Location services’ might have a slightly different name based on whether you are using an Android phone or Apple phone.
- Open your Snapchat app again, and use step two to get back onto the camera screen.
- Take your perfect photo. This can take as long as needed.
- When you have taken the photo, if you are in a notable place when you swipe left there will be ‘Geofilters’ these are stickers that get added to your snap but are location related.
TIP – There might not be any Geofilters in your location. But all major cities and events will have Geofilters.
- Once you are happy with your photo and Geolocation, send it your friends or set it as your story.
How do you get the location stickers on Snapchat?
Why can’t Snapchat tag my location?
Are Snapchat Geofilters free?
Community Geofilters are also free to submit, however Snapchat is very strict on accepting these types of filters and only a small margin of submissions actually make it through to go live. Community Geofilter’s cannot have any personal branding, logos, or personal names.
Ads by Google