How to delete duplicates in google sheets
What is the formula for removing duplicates in Google Sheets?
Select a blank cell. Enter this formula =UNIQUE(A2:D9) indicating the cells you wish to select. Hit Enter on your keyboard or click away. You will now have a second table with the duplicates removed.
How do I remove duplicates in Google Sheets query?
To do so, highlight the data you’d like to include, and click Data > Remove duplicates. At that point, you’ll have the option to select if the data has a header row and confirm what range you’d like to work with. Once you’ve made your selections, click Remove duplicates, and the job is done.
How do I delete duplicates in Google sheets without losing Data?
Using the UNIQUE function to remove duplicates in Google Sheets
- Select the cell where you want to enter your UNIQUE formula. …
- Type =UNIQUE(
- Type the range that contains the data you want to remove duplicates from. …
- Press “Enter” on the keyboard, and the entire formula will appear like this: =UNIQUE(A1:A15)
How do I delete both sets of duplicates in Google Sheets?
To delete duplicate rows, filter out the number 0 from Columns B and C. Since duplicates have ones in both Columns D and E, display and delete only values with the number 1 in Columns D and E. Click on the filter button in Column D, uncheck 0, and click OK.
How do you filter duplicates in sheets?
Filter duplicates rows using the Advanced Filter Function in Excel
- Click in the range you wish to apply the filter to (any cell from B3 to E11).
- In the Ribbon, select Data > Sort & Filter > Advanced.
- Filter the list in place and tick the option to show unique records only.
- Click OK.
How do I delete all duplicates?
Remove duplicate values
- Select the range of cells that has duplicate values you want to remove. Tip: Remove any outlines or subtotals from your data before trying to remove duplicates.
- Click Data > Remove Duplicates, and then Under Columns, check or uncheck the columns where you want to remove the duplicates. …
- Click OK.
How do I delete both duplicates?
Note: If you need to remove the whole rows of the duplicate values, please check Select entire rows in the Select Duplicate & Unique cells dialog box, and all the duplicate rows are selected immediately, then click Home > Delete > Delete Sheet Rows, and all the duplicate rows will be removed.
How do I delete duplicates in Excel but keep one?
Tip: You also can remove all duplicates but keep one with Select Duplicate & Unique Cells like this: Select all the unique values including the first duplicates, and then copy them by pressing Ctrl + C and paste to another location by Ctrl + V.
How do I find duplicates in Google Sheets on multiple sheets?
How do I highlight duplicates in Google Sheets multiple sheets?
Highlighting the cells wherever the Countif returns the value >1 is the logic in highlighting duplicates in Google Sheets. To highlight duplicates across sheet tabs that within one Google Sheets file, as mentioned above, you must use the function Indirect and multiple Countif formulas.
How do I remove duplicates but not blanks?
To remove duplicates keep blank rows, you need to add a helper column to identify the blank rows firstly, then apply Remove Duplicates function to remove the duplicates.
How do you remove duplicates without shifting cells Google Sheets?
This method has two steps: 1) highlight duplicates in Google Sheets, and 2) remove those highlighted duplicates (optional).
- Select your dataset and open the conditional formatting sidebar (under the Format menu). …
- This is an optional step to delete the duplicate rows.
How do I remove duplicates in multiple columns?
Remove Duplicates from Multiple Columns in Excel
- Select the data.
- Go to Data –> Data Tools –> Remove Duplicates.
- In the Remove Duplicates dialog box: If your data has headers, make sure the ‘My data has headers’ option is checked. Select all the columns except the Date column.