There are numerous ways that you can download Amazon Prime movies so you can watch them anytime you want. You will be able to watch these movies even without an internet connection. You will need to follow a few simple steps that vary slightly depending on the device you use to do this.
1. On iOS Devices
If you are using an iOS device, you can easily download Amazon Prime movies for later viewing.
- First you need to install the Amazon Video app from the App Store.
- Once you have installed the app on your device, tap the Settings icon and go to Download Quality. Select “Good or Better”.
- Start browsing for movies to download. There are lots of movies to choose from, so take your time. You can either type in a specific title or browse by category.
- Once you have selected a certain title, tap the “Download” button to begin the download. You can choose to pause or cancel the download at any time.
- You will be asked to choose the specific destination that you want to save the movie to on your iOS device.
When the download has finished, tap the “Play” button. This will start the movie.
2. On Android Devices
You also have the option of downloading Amazon Prime movies on your Android device.
- First you will have to install the Amazon Video app by visiting the Play Store. This should only take a few minutes at most.
- Once you have loaded up the app, go into the Settings and choose SD Download Quality. Select the “Good or Better” option for the best overall quality. Selecting anything higher is not necessary for such a small screen.
- Now you can begin browsing through the various movies that are available. Keep in mind that not every Amazon Prime video is downloadable.
- When you have found a title that you want to watch, tap the “Download” button.
- Select the location on your Android device that you want to save the file to.
Once the download is complete, just tap the “Play” option. If you ever want to delete a movie, just tap the trashcan icon. You can also go into the Menu and tap “Your Downloads” to view all of the movies you have downloaded.
3. On Amazon Fire Tablet or Phone
If you want to download an Amazon Prime movie on your Amazon Fire tablet or phone, it is a fairly simple process with just a few quick steps.
- First you need to make sure that your device is connected to the internet.
- Start browsing through the various titles that are available.
- Once you have found the title you want to download, just tap the “Download” button.
- Choose the location on your device that you want to save the movie to.
- When you are ready to watch the movie, just select the “Play” option.
You can find all completed movie downloads by choose the “Downloads” option in the Prime Video menu.
- If you are going to download Amazon movies to your mobile device, make sure that you have enough space first. You can choose to save movies to the internal storage or SD card if you have one in your device.
- If you ever want to delete a movie, navigate to the Downloads section within the Amazon Video app. Select the movies you want to get rid of and tap the “…” icon. Go to Edit and then tap the Delete option.