Spotify is a popular music streaming service and a music player, one in all.
It is available for all platforms possible, from computers to car’s infotainment systems.
How to Download Spotify Songs for Free?
If you have been using Spotify, you already know that Spotify free does not have any such benefits, but Spotify Premium allows you to download up to 10,000 songs. That too, on each of the five devices, you’re allowed to add.
- This feature is called an offline listening mode. And, with some workarounds, it is possible to download songs without being a premium member. One way, of course, is to get a free trial account, if only it is for a one-time desire.
- First, you have some third-party, open-source as well as paid software that allows you to download songs for free, convert them to different file formats, and save them. These work seamlessly on PC, Android, iOS and Mac. These take care of DRM protection.
- You can use URL links of Spotify tracks, and even your complete playlists, and import them to this software. They allow conversion in various formats like Mp3, M4a, AAC, Wav and more.
- On your iOS device like iPhone, you can take help of Siri shortcuts. This is an advanced version of workflow introduced recently. With the help of three shortcuts, you can download songs for free. These can be downloaded from Apple’s AppStore. The Spotify to MP3 and Spotify playlist downloader is two such examples. Your music will be saved in ‘iCloud>Shortcuts>Music’.
- You can do this with Chrome and Firefox, that is, browser extensions depending on what you use. This is similar to opening shortcuts with ‘Safari’ in iOS devices.
How to Download Spotify Premium?
When using Spotify, you do not have to download their different subscriptions but use the same downloader for your platform, and just upgrade your plan to a paid version, in case of premium. Alternately, you can also, downgrade to Spotify free, unless you like using ‘.apk’ files.
- Currently, you can download Spotify Premium APK file form all major ‘.apk’ file-hosting sites online. It weighs around 31MB and was updated last month. It is officially released by Spotify Technologies.
- You will have to follow some online tutorial to understand how to install software on Android using ‘.apk’ files.
- To learn more about what Spotify Premium (https://promo.spotify.com/us/store-3/) has to offer, you can read this link. You can also try it for 30 days. To download Spotify Premium just click on the ‘Start Free Trial’ big green button on that link.
- When you click on the ‘Download’ button on the top-right corner of the landing page on the above link, you are automatically directed to the appropriate download site based on your platform, such as Linux, PC, etc.
- On any iOS version, you can currently download Spotify++ for free, which is the same as Spotify Premium. For this, you need Safari, an app installer, and not the regular AppStore. Once you install one of these third-party app installers, delete/uninstall original Spotify, and search for Spotify++, and install it.
How to Download Spotify for iPhone?
Having Spotify on desktop and Mac is useful but having it on your go-to smartphone and iPhone is a more portable way to listen to your favorite tracks. You can download Spotify directly from Apple’s AppStore. Though, you need to have a Spotify Premium or free account to be able to use it.
Go to app store and search for Spotify. You can download it from the iOS app store. With this link you can tap on the cloud with downward arrow to initiate the download and installation.
- Tap on the icon to launch the app and you will be greeted with a screen saying create account inside a big green button. Then, ‘Already a User?’ so ‘Log-In’ which is the next button.
- If you had already created and got a subscription from their website, then you can simply ‘Log-In’. Else, you have to create a new account right now. You can start with Spotify Free, or check a free-trial premium account.
- To ‘Log-In’ to your account, you can do this with Facebook, that is, using Facebook’s username and password, or with your Spotify’s username and password. Now, you are done.
How to Download Spotify on Android?
As it turns out that the developers at Spotify have tried their best to streamline their UI across all platforms so that you can switch between them seamlessly. For downloading your app on Android smartphone or tablet, you have to go to Google’s Play Store. There is also Spotify for Android TV, which we shall cover here as well.
- Here is the link (https://www.spotify.com/is/androidtv/) to find Spotify for Android TV. To set-up you must make sure that you’re Android TV and the mobile device, your smartphone/tablet, is on the same Wi-Fi network.
- When on your TV’s home screen, scroll down to apps, and select Google Play Store. Then, search for Spotify and install it. Then, you can fire up Spotify on your phone, tablet or laptop (Google Chromebook).
- Play a song and select ‘Devices Available’, and then select your Android TV. But, if you are still struggling to install it on Android mobile or tablet, here is how to do it.
- Just go to your Play Store, and search for the app. Click on ‘Install’ to download and install the app. Then, you have to go through the same steps as above to create a new account or sign in to one you already have.
How to Download Spotify on Mac?
When on a computer, you need to download Spotify’s desktop app. To make an account you can use their website too. Just go to (www.spotify.com/download) on your computer’s web browser and the download page for your platform will be automatically loaded. Here is the link for free downloading from various platforms, including Linux.
- On a Mac, go to the Spotify’s website and download the file by clicking on ‘Download Now’. The file should open automatically, or else you have to go to your Downloads.
- In your browser, click on ‘Save File’, for example in Firefox browser. It saves it as ‘Spotify.dmg’ file. Then, it appears in your ‘Downloads’ folder. You have to double-click on it to start the installation process. A window will appear asking you to drag Spotify to your applications folder.
- You might see a warning Window saying it can’t be moved because of some issues. Here, click on ‘Authenticate’, and enter your admin’s username and password to allow this step, this will allow the program to install.
- If you are using keychain, you have to grant access to Spotify to allow keychain to save the username and password so that you don’t have to enter it every time you open the program.
- Now that Spotify is in your applications folder, you can simply create a shortcut link in your dock by clicking and dragging the icon to the dock.
- Alternately, you can also find Spotify’s latest installers from third-party software hosting sites for your Mac. These archives are also great when for some reason your download is repeatedly failing from Spotify’s download page.
How to Download Spotify on PC?
Spotify is available all the way back to Windows XP. You can find this application in archives of many big file-hosting sites online easily. For the desktop computer, you just have to go to ‘spotify.com/download’ as mentioned earlier.
- It can happen that the download does not start immediately in which case you can click on ‘Restart the Download’. If this fails, you can look for such archives and hosting sites as mentioned above.
- As the download begins, your browser may ask you to save file and then you have to click on it to confirm. It happens on all major browsers like Google Chrome.
- Once the download is complete, you can find it in the ‘Downloads’ directory on your Windows inside this PC. This should be inside the ‘C’ drive.
- You have to double-click on the file to start the installation. Then, follow the instructions and allow access and accept the agreement it shows you.
- Finally, you have to ‘Log-In’ using either Facebook or your credentials when creating the account and that is it.
How to Download Spotify Music?
Downloading music from Spotify gives you access to listening to them offline as well. This means that you have to purchase the music. However, from looking for music at different places, you can simply get a paid Spotify Premium subscription too. Here is how this works.
- You have to upgrade your subscription to Spotify Premium by going to your account on its website, then to subscription, and then click on ‘Premium’. Enter your payment details, and your plan will be active immediately.
- It is also possible to download Spotify music without Wi-Fi. This means you have to switch it to using mobile data. Here is the solution. (https://community.spotify.com/t5/Android/Switch-download-to-mobile-data-over-wifi/td-p/1360778) as per Spotify’s community dialogue.
- You need to launch the app on your phone, and then click on ‘Settings’ on the top-right corner. Then, go to ‘Streaming Quality’. Then it will take you to a page to choose the download quality.
- At the bottom of that page, you can see a toggle switch that says ‘Download Using Cellular’ which you can turn on or off.
- To download Spotify music without a premium account, you have to take help of methods listed in ‘Step 1’ of this article. It stays the same for desktop and mobile platforms like smartphone and tablets too. Alternately, you can download and then transfer them to your smartphone.
- If you wish to download the Spotify app, read this to know more about the same.
With Spotify everywhere (https://spotify-everywhere.com/) you can go ahead and check all devices that it supports, starting from your car, TV to wearables and smart speakers.