Pocket doors are special types of doors that open sideways.
They just get into a pocket while you open them inside the adjacent wallThese doors don’t need any hinge to stay connected with the frameThey glide on the rails in the frame and slide easily through them.
Pocket Door Stuck in Wall
There are many times it may happen that you are putting your full effort to pull the door but it isn’t moving towards you. This may happen due to the jamming caused in the frame. In this situation, you can’t open or close the door. The actual problem in these cases lies in the interruption of movement of the metal wheels of the sliding panel of the door. So you need to clear the way of those metal wheels to fix the door over there.
- Remove the door from the track and check whether there is any problem with the bearings of the metal wheel. If the bearings are not moving properly then the door may be stuck inside the wall.
- Whenever you see any rust at the metal parts of the sliding panel then you need to put some oil on them to remove the rusts.
- If there is any damage within the sliding panel, you can change the track of the door and fit the door again on the new track.
How to Fix a Pocket Door without Removing Trim?
The trim of a pocket door works like the frame of a normal door in your house. If you want to fix your pocket door without removing the trim, first of all, you have to remove the guide of the door made of plastic with the help of a screwdriver. Now take the screwdriver and disconnect the door from the sliding track to remove it. Now repair the door as per your requirement and then set it again on the track. Check if there is any damage to the trim and repair it properly. Now fix the trim on the wall tightly with the help of brass screw and screwdriver.
How to Fix a Pocket Door without Removing Frame?
Removing the pocket door is not very easy. To accomplish the job, you need some technical knowledge about fixing the sliding door. Since you fix the frames in the walls of your house, removing them can be very costly and requires a huge effort. This is why learning the technique to fix the door without removing the frame is essential.
- First of all, you need to remove the wooden cover of the sliding track that remains just under the frame. For this, you need to put a screwdriver through the joining portion of the cover and the frame.
- After removing the cover, you will get access to the sliding wheels from one side. Now check the problem that you are facing with the door.
- Adjust the holders of the door till you solve the problem. You can also put some grease or oil to lubricate the path of the door.
- Put the cover again and fix it with screws or wood adhesive to cover the exposed area.
How to Fix a Pocket Door that Rubs?
Sometimes it may happen that a pocket door rubs on the frame. It is the result of the wrap on the door or the studs on the door are bowing. Even sometimes the alignment of the door may cause the problem.
- This is the best solution to the problem of changing the door. But if you don’t want to change or replace the door, you can just remove it and shade some thickness of it to fix the problem.
- If the problem is arising due to the alignment problem, then you can call a professional and fix the alignment problem by tightening the parts or putting the door on the right track to slide in or out.
How to Adjust a Pocket Door?
To adjust a pocket door, you need to identify the problem at first. If the problem is due to the jamming of the metal wheels or in the sliding track, you can fix it by putting some lubricant into it. Other than that, you can flip open the latch with the help of a screwdriver, situated on the front bracket. Now adjust the rod inside it. Hence lift the door and use your screwdriver to make the rollers slide.
Replacing a Pocket Door Track without Breaking the Wall
As you install a pocket door inside your house, you have to install a pocket door track on your wall. But if there is any problem with the track of the pocket door, then you can easily remove the track without even breaking the wall.
- You just have to open the covers of the track to get access to it. Now after you open the cover, you have to remove the door and keep it aside.
- Remove the screws with the help of your screwdriver and take the sliding track out of the wall.
- It is always better to install the track of the pocket door on a wooden frame so that you don’t have to damage the wall while removing the track.
Can You Replace a Pocket Door Without Removing Drywall?
To replace a pocket door, you need to remove the trim to stop the door from that part where the jam has affected. Now tilt the pocket door to open it and lift it slightly off the track. Now remove the door from the trim and use your screwdriver to take the frame out of the wall without cutting the drywall.
How do You Fix a Pocket Door Roller?
Pocket door rollers come with adjustable heights. If there is a problem with the rollers you can easily remove them from the doors.
- Once you remove the door from the sliding track, you are all done to fix the door rollers. Just take them out of the door and fix them.
- If it has got rusts, then you can easily make it moveable by outing some lubricant on it.
- This will help you to make the pocket door rollers work again. Use the screw to adjust the height of the rollers.
How much does it Cost to Repair a Pocket Door?
In most cases, the sliding doors are costly. When you can fix the normal doors after identifying the problems easily, fixing a pocket door is not that easy. At times it becomes a bit costly. On average fixing a pocket door costs $80 to $90, whereas repairing the frames may cost $200 to $250 on average.
- Pocket doors are special types of doors that open sideways.
- To install a pocket door inside your house, you have to install a pocket door track on your wall.
- On average fixing a pocket door costs $80 to $90.