- Wash your face: Make use of a facial cleanser apt for your skin. Apply it gently on your face, and make sure it covers all areas. Rub in circles on your cheeks, and especially on the underside of your chin. Then, wash it with preferably lukewarm water, and dry it with a cloth/towel.
After an entire day’s work, the face remains exposed to a lot of dirt, germs, and bacteria. These sit on the face, and if not washed correctly, can cause acne breakouts, as well as other pimples and marks. Therefore, washing your face just before bedtime can stop such marks and lead to wonders for your skin instead.
- Moisturize well. Your night routine should include a moisturizer appropriate for your skin type. Whether your skin is acne-prone, oily, or full of blemishes; there is a specific moisturizer for all. Thus, if you don’t know which moisturizer works for you, contact a dermatologist. However, remember to purchase a non-comedogenic lotion as a moisturizer, because it will not clog your pores. Clogged pores result in creation of blackheads, acne marks, and whiteheads – certainly not good for your skin. On the other hand, if your skin is irritated very easily, an aloe moisturizer might be a better fit for you.
- Apply a face mask. There are 2 types of face masks: those that need to be left on overnight, and those in need of rinsing after some time. They can come in the form of sheets or thick liquids like mud, clay, cream or gels:
For a sheet mask:
- Purchase a sheet mask from a drugstore or convenience store.
- Open the packaging and remove the sheet of mask from its wrapping carefully. You must make sure you do not break it nor tear it from any side.
- Thoroughly wash your face and dry it with a towel.
- Keep the mask in front (not onto) your face and align it well with your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Press the aligned mask onto your face until it completely sticks.
- Leave it overnight or if the mask is for some time, peel it off carefully after the designated time.
For a Clay/Cream/Mud Mask:
- Wash your face and dab with a towel lightly until it is completely dry.
- Scoop out a quarter-sized amount from the mask container.
- Spread it evenly onto the face so that it forms a layer.
- Avoid getting the mask into your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Once the designated time for the mask is up, rinse it off with water.
- Make Topical Retinoids a part of your night routine, especially if you have acne. Topical Retinoids are available in the form of ointments, gels, creams, as well as foams. Extract a pint-sized amount on your hand, and apply them on your face until your neck before sleeping to avoid acne breakouts and clogged pores.
- Don’t pop your pimples! A very important step to ensure clean skin – absolutely do not pop any of your pimples. While you may have the urge to pop them away, they won’t go away if popped before time. They will leave a mark instead. Wait out the pimple to go away or opt for a spot treatment cream instead.
How to Get Clear Skin Naturally
- Get Facial Steam. One of the most natural ways to moisturize your skin and open your pores is to get facial steam.
- Place a pot of water on the stove and let it heat.
- As soon as steam begins to emit from the water, switch the flame off. Do not let the water come to a boil.
- Remove the pot from the stove and place it at a convenient table.
- Cover your head with a towel and bring your face closer to the pot to inhale the steam.
- Take long and deep breaths for two to three minutes. If your face feels too hot, take your facial steam with breaks.
- Apply Honey on your face. Raw and unfiltered honey is a good moisturizer for the face. Along with being irritation-free, it unclogs your pores, alleviates blackheads, and gives you a cleaner, clearer complexion.
- Scoop out about 1/2 teaspoon of honey.
- Apply it on your face in a smooth layer (as you would a mask or any other facial cleanser).
- Massage your face to clean the skin further.
- Wash your face with warm (or lukewarm) water.
- Use Aloe Vera Gel as spot treatment. Aloe vera is great for treating spots and scars to result in clear skin. You can easily extract the aloe vera gel yourself too via the Aloe Vera plant. Apply the gel on your spot/mark and let it dry. After approximately one hour, wash it off with lukewarm water.
- Fix your diet. For clearer skin, ditch the junk food and opt for nutritious foods instead. Foods, especially fruits with antioxidant properties should be consumed instead. Go for strawberries, watermelon, papaya, etc. Cut down on sugar, dairy, and processed foods because they can result in skin breakouts.
- Drink Water! Water is great for flushing out toxins from your body and clearing your skin from any kinds of dirt and bacteria. For clearer, glowing skin – drink loads of water.