Grease is a semi-solid oily substance that keeps the different parts of any machine moving. It prevents different joints of the machine from friction during the movement. But the stains of grease are not very easy to remove from the clothes or the carpets. Here are the ways.
How to Get Bike Grease Out of Carpet?
A bike is a machine where there are different parts like a lever, pulley, and fulcrum, and so on. It runs with the help of the energy which the fuel generates. To keep different parts of the bike and its engine moving and protect them from friction, grease is a very important material. But many a time, it may get into your home with your shoes or any other way, and stick to the carpets. Now your carpets are the signature of your sophisticated mindset. A beautiful looking carpet can change the look of the room. But a grease stain is enough to spoil the beautiful looking carpet and create a total mess. Here we are presenting some ways to clean the grease and stains up from the carpets.
- The very first step to clean the grease is to sponge it with a bit of water in a piece of cloth. Now apply some drops of white vinegar into the wet spotter solution.
- What is a wet spotter solution? It is actually a mixture of dishwashing detergent, some glycerine, and some water. The ratio of these materials should be 1:1:8. Now mix these materials well and your wet spotter is ready.
- Take an absorbent pad and dip it into the solution. Now rinse the grease gently from the carpet with the pad. Apply the solution on the grease until it leaves the carpet completely.
- There is another way for this job. Take some warm water and add some dishwashing liquid or soap. Now dip the stained portion of the cloth and put pressure to clean up the grease.
- Now you can leave the cloth with the mixture for some minutes and let it soak in. Use a clean cloth to blot the stain. Now put some paper towel on the wet area to absorb if any liquid is left.
Get Rid of the Grease Strain
But only the cleaning of the grease doesn’t clear the whole mess. You have to get rid of the stain that the grease leaves. Here is how you get rid of the stains.
- Bloat up the grease as much as possible. You can use cornmeal as the bloating substance. It works very well as an absorbent.
- Now with the help of a brush containing a stiff bristle rub the portion well so that you can break the stains up. If still, any trace of grease is there, you can use dry cleaning solvent with the help of a cleaning sponge.
- Now you can apply a dry spotter on the area where the stain is. A dry spotter is basically a mixture of dry cleaning solvent and coconut oil it mineral oil.
- Now with an absorbing pad, you need to cover the stain after pouring the dry spotter.
How to Get Dried Grease Out of a Carpet?
Dried grease is much more difficult to clean. Since grease is a material containing oily substances and can cause stains, it is very hard to remove them if it is dry. But still, you can remove it if you follow some of these steps.
- First of all, you need to move out of the dried grease with the help of a spoon or a blunt knife very gently. You need to stay cautious that you don’t damage any portion of the carpet in this course.
- Then make a dry cleaning solvent for the carpets. One tablespoon of dishwashing liquid soap and two cups of hot water is all you need to make the solution. Now put a tablespoon of ammonia if you can.
- Then put some cleaning sponge into the solution and put it on the stained area to make the grease disappear. Now add some paper towel on the wet area to absorb all the liquids.
How to Get Grease Out of Floor Mats?
Floor mats are very important to prevent the car floor from getting dirty. But if some grease is there on the car floor mats, then here are the tricks to get it out.
- First of all, you need to know that grease is a semi-solid oily material and thus it is not washable with water. As it is not water-soluble so it will not go away if you wash it only with water.
- Grease is soluble in organic solvents like gasoline, kerosene, and so on. So you can try them out, but they will leave a smell in your car.
- So the best way to clean it is to use traditional cleaners but in a different way. Use a spoon or a blunt knife to scrape the excess grease on the floor mat. Now you can apply some of these organic solvents on the floor and can wash the grease away.
- Now use some dishwashing liquid soap to clean the traces of the organic solvents to avoid the smells.
How to Get Grease Out of the Car Seat?
A car seat is the most important area where the passenger’s seat. So any stain of grease can be harmful and can be annoying for the person who is seating there.
- Since the seat covers are of cotton, it can hold the grease and can have an oily stain. So to clean it, you can scrape off all the excess grease from that place. Now put a paper towel to bloat the residual oil from the seat.
- Apply some baking soda on it to soak the oil from the stains and leave it for 15 to 20 minutes. Then remove the baking soda with a vacuum cleaner or can simply sweep it with a soft brush. Now clean the seat cover with a dry cleaning solvent if you see any stains farther.
How to Remove Old Oil Stains Out of the Clothes?
Many a time, you find an oil stain after a considerable time till its occurrence. The old oil stains are really hard to clean and you may damage your cloth in the course of removing the oily stains.
- Since oil stains are difficult to come into insight, you may overlook the stains. Sometimes you miss out on the stains due to their dullness on the fabric.
- The area becomes slightly black and they commonly reappear as you start thinking that the stain is gone.
- To clean the old stains of oil, you need to make a solution of hot water and laundry detergent. Now put the particular area of stain into it and let it soak for some time.
- If you can leave it overnight, you will get the best result out of it. Both hot water and heavy-duty laundry detergent are able to penetrate through the fibers of the cloth and break down the molecules of the staining material.
- It also breaks down the oil that is trapped into it and helps you to get rid of the oily stains.
Which Home Remedy is the Best to Remove Grease Stains?
If you are facing difficulties to remove the grease stains out of your cloth, and you are not getting the help of any specialized stain remover, then you can have home remedies to get rid of the grease stains. The best solution for grease stains is the dishwashing bar and some baking soda. Dishwashing bars contain such materials that break down the oily particles of grease and baking soda is good to absorb them in due course. In case the grease is on a leather surface like your car or bike seat, you can use talcum powder for it. Talcum powders soak the oils of the grease and make it disappear.
- Grease is a semi-solid oily material and thus it is not washable with water.
- Bloat up the grease as much as possible.
- You can apply some baking soda on it to soak the oil from the stains.