Are you one of those who have been crazy about Hatchimals? It has been 4 years since Hatchimals became the toy craze of 2016, but do you know how to open it? Or are you another frustrated Hatchimal owner when it won’t come out of its shell?
Here are some useful tips you can follow for getting your new toy out of its shell.
How to open Hatchimals eggs
- Hold and rub your hands on the egg: up, down, and on the sides of the egg. Rubbing the egg will encourage the hatchimal inside to start pecking to break through.
- You can also tap the egg aside from rubbing. You can do this for a couple of minutes or until the hatchimal starts tapping back.
- You have to hold the egg during hatching or it will stop if you are to put it down. You or your child has to keep on rubbing the egg until the entire hatching process is done. According to the maker Spin Master, there are divisions on the top and bottom parts of the egg that you have to activate, so continuous rubbing during the hatching process is recommended.
- If you notice that your Hatchimal is making too much noise on its own, you have to let it sleep for it won’t hear you tapping to begin the hatching process. Turn the egg upside down for about 8 seconds, then turn it over again and start rubbing the egg.
- If it still does not work, you can twist and shake the egg. You can do this when your Hatchimal is in the middle of the hatching process, then stops. As per Spin Master, a Hatchimal can go into sleep mode while hatching, so the twist and shake strategy might help.
- And for any other hatching errors, this might be fixed by resetting your Hatchimal by putting it in sleep mode. Put down the egg for about 3 seconds. Or you can flip it for 8 seconds.
- Lastly, if you are having trouble getting your hatchimal from the shell, you can remove the top of the shell once your Hatchimal has broken most of it through.
How to open Hatchimals Pixies
- Start by holding your Hatchimals Pixies egg and rub the heart on the front.
- Continue rubbing the egg until the heart turns from purple to pink.
- Press the heart to crack open your egg to reveal your Hatchimals pixies.
- Once hatched, pull out the toy from the base of the egg.
How to open Hatchimals Colleggtibles
- The same with Hatchimals Pixies begin by holding rubbing the heart on the front of the egg.
- Continue rubbing until the egg turns pink. When the egg turns pink means it is ready to hatch.
- Press the top of the heart to crack the egg.
- Peel away the egg and enjoy your new hatchimal.
How to open Hathchimals Wow
Hatchimals Wow was released for Christmas 2019. It is a massive glittery egg with a pink or purple Llalacorn inside. The Llalacorn can grow as big as 32 inches. What is good about Hatchimals Wow is that it can be rehatched again and again.
- First, you have to remove the twist lock at the bottom of the box to active the in-egg mode. Just like any other hatchimals, it comes with a guide or instructions on how to do it.
- Tap the glittery egg and wait for your hatchimal to tap back. Continue to do so until your hatchimal’s eyes flash rainbow colors. You will also hear “ready to hatch” music. Once your hatchimal is ready to hatch, remove the ribbon.
Just additional information: if your hatchimal’s eyes turn blue, means cold. So, you have to tilt it down for warmth. If the eyes turn red, means it is annoyed. If it turns green, means it is dizzy, so you have to hold it right up.
So, how do you rehatch Hatchimals Wow?
- Switch off the button at the bottom and then switch it back on again.
- Or you can try replacing the battery. Use 4 AA batteries.
- Place your Hatchimals Wow Llalacorn back in the egg. Position the legs to match the grooves and ridges in the bottom of the egg.
- Then, place the top of the egg on Llalacorn’s head until your hatchimal goes to sleep.
- Pop the tail into the egg; press down the top of the egg until it clicks to the base.
- Once it is properly closed, put the egg in a flat surface; wooden table perhaps.
- Tilt the egg without touching the top of the egg. Then, tap the egg, tilt, and tilt it longer.
- Once the eyes flash rainbow colors, your egg is ready to hatch.
- Enjoy your Llalacorn; feed her, let her sing, and record what you say.
You might as well know how to play with our Llalacorn now that she’s out from the shell.
- Touch her tummy repeatedly to make your Llalacorn augh.
- Touch her belly and foot at the same time for your Llalacorn to sing.
- Touch her toe or forehead to change its singing pitch.
- Touch the back of the head and the forehead at the same time to stop your Llalacorn from singing.
- Press both toes all together for the eyes to turn teal, and your Llalacorn will record what you say.
- Put the egg on her forehead for her to shrink or fall asleep.
Remember that Hatchimals are designed for children age 5 and up. Although Hatchimals give excitement to kids, it will lose its spark once your child has mastered how to manipulate a Hatchimal.
It is still best to encourage your children to read books, spend more time drawing, or coloring books. Playing with toys is fun, but too many electronic toys may hinder your child’s social development. Playing or interacting with other kids is still highly recommended.
Once in a while a toy surprise is good, but spending too much money on toys is very impractical. Remember that Hatchimals just like any other toy is just a craze.