SVG File plays an important role when it comes to image formatting.
SVG stands for the Scalable Vector Graphics fileThe format of the SVG file is resolution-independentThis is why website & print graphics are built-in SVG formatThis format helps them to fit in different designs in the futureLet’s move forward and discuss how to open an SVG file.
How to Open an SVG File in Photoshop?
Now, before following the steps that are involved in opening an SVG file in Photoshop, we must know what all things should be installed on our system. Our system must consist of Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop. Now, let’s discuss the step-by-step procedure,
- Launch the Adobe Illustrator. Now, open the SVG file that you want to open in Photoshop.
- Then from the ‘File’ menu, select the ‘Save As’ option. Then from the ‘Save as Type’ menu, we have to select ‘Illustrator EPS’ and click ‘Save’.
- After that in the ‘EPS Options’ dialog box, click ‘Ok’. Make sure to not change any of the default settings.
- After that launch Adobe Photoshop and open the EPS file that we have saved in the illustrator. Then ‘Rasterize Generic EPS Format’ dialog will open and click ‘Ok’.
This is how we open an SVG file in Photoshop.
How to Open an SVG File on Mac?
Well, there are so many other ways to open an SVG file on Mac. But they might not work for some people as we have to face some challenges while viewing an SVG file on Mac.
- To overcome these challenges, we are here to help you out. After a deep research, we found a great tool that will allow you to view the SVG file on Mac.
- So, here we are talking about the SVG Viewer. To download this software to Mac, refer to this software. It is free of cost and will allow you to easily view the SVG file on Mac. Using this software, we can open as well as export the SVG file on Mac. Here, we will be able to experience the exact quality of the image that we are expecting it to be like an original.
Steps to Open an SVG File on Mac
- Install the ‘SVG Viewer’ from the link mentioned above. Drag and drop the image in the drop area.
- The SVG file will be automatically rendered for us to view instantly.
- Download the SVG file in the original format. And you are good to go.
It is a simple and quick method to view an SVG file on a Mac.
How to Open an SVG File on Android?
In this section, we are going to discuss the easiest way to open SVG in android studio.
To open an SVG File, we need to follow the steps mentioned below.
- In the very first step, we need to right-click on drawable.
- Then click new.
- After that, select a vector asset.
This is the short and simple rule to open an SVG file. If the image is available in your system then select the local SVG file. And after that, select the path of the image, and then if you want to change the size of that image you can select that option.
In this way, this particular image is imported into the android studio project. If you require more images, repeat the same process.
How to Open an SVG File on Windows 10?
To open an SVG File on Windows 10, there are many programs in which you can preview the SVG files. We can open them in any web browser as listed below,
- Microsoft Edge
- Internet Explorer
- Third-party browsers
Also, we can open the SVG Files in adobe programs such as Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Flash Player 17, Coreldraw Graphics Suite X7, Adobe Indesign, Inkscape, Microsoft Visio, CAD soft tools, Adobe Flash Professional, etc. So, there are numerous options, we can choose any one of them for the better experience to open an SVG file in Windows 10.
If you have any queries, no need to worry, ask all your doubts here. And soon you will get a reply from the officials.
How to Open an SVG File in Illustrator?
We can use Conversion online tool to open the file in illustrator. We can refer to the link to open the SVG file as an illustrator file. For this, we need to follow the steps given below,
● Upload the SVG File
For this, select the files from your system, URL, Dropbox, Google Drive, or by drag and drop method.
● Then Choose ‘AI’
Here, we want to open the file in illustrator, hence, we choose AI. Also, we can use any other format whichever we feel like. It supports 200 plus formats.
● Download the AI
Wait for the file to convert into the AI format and then download it. And this is how we can open the SVG file in illustrator.
How to View SVG File?
We can get the universal file viewer to view an SVG file. We have to go to this link. And from here, we can download the universal file viewer. We only have to install it and then we can open the SVG file here and view it. It is so easy to view an SVG file in this software.
How to Convert an SVG File?
The two most popular image formats seem to be the easiest to convert an SVG file into either JPG or PNG. Converting an SVG file with the help of an online tool is the quickest and easiest way.
- By using these tools you can convert the file in any format you feel like. But here, we have to focus on only one thing that the online tool must be good so that it can provide you with the desired output. The online tool like Zamzar will help you out to convert an SVG file into PDF or GIF.
- Another tool is ‘autotracer.org’; this allows us to convert our file into some different file formats such as EPS, DFX, SK, PDF, Adobe Illustrator File (AI), etc. And don’t worry about how you will convert your SVG file into ‘.JPG’ or ‘.PNG’ format. Several tools are available on the internet. You can choose one that suits you and can easily convert. This is how we convert an SVG file into different formats.
- There are so many options available on the internet to open and convert an SVG file. But here, we have selected the best options for you to open, view, and convert an SVG file.
- SVG files can be viewed on any operating system like windows, android, and Mac. So, it is very convenient for you to work with these.