If you are naturally gifted you could earn hundreds of thousands of dollars per year by selling hair.
In 2020, the hair extension business can get you huge rewards for the effort and time you investIf you wish to know how you can sell your hair online, and how to start a business, this is for you.
Know the Territory You are Stepping Into
Before marching into any business you must know the ground very well. This video will help you understand how hard it can be to make six figures by selling hair extensions. As it turns out, you may be in luck.
- Before getting into this business for a big-time, you have to make sure that your business is set up the right way. This means your business structure, social media, website, and all the stuff.
- The hair extension business is growing substantially in the US, and it relies heavily on marketing. In fact, marketing is everything here.
- Know about how you can position your business and where it fits. What are you going to offer that will attract customers? Learn about collaborations and suppliers. Your suppliers are everything to you.
- The average hair extension order sums around $200 in the US today, so for a $100,000 goal, you don’t have to break a bank.
Taking Your First Step as a Distributor
As it turns out, you can practically start your hair extension business and start selling hair online for free. It means that you can earn and invest at the same time, just like she would explain in her YouTube video. There is a heavy price for online activities, running, and keeping up websites and stuff. So, it seems daunting at first.
- In most cases, as a distributor, you would want to find out how much you can make selling this luxury. Hair extensions are luxury stuff and pure virgin hair can make you up to 25% of the sales.
- When becoming a distributor, commissions are all you can make, and that will become your investment going into the future.
- Try for companies that guarantee their products, offer reliable customer service, and stand by their hair. Try for contractual work so that you can test and see what works and what doesn’t work for you.
Learn about Vendors, Taxes, and Branding
If you want to start your own hairline, custom branded line of products, you have to learn about vendors, taxes, and branding. These three things will dictate whether you can ship and sell hair with your own company label on them. How much do you need to pay outright? And so on.
- Starting with vendors, you must learn how much you need to invest before you even make a penny. Do you have that kind of money? In many private labels, you can’t even know their wholesale prices without a down payment.
- Taxes can be troubling to understand if you are not into these things. Learn how much you have to keep aside for conforming to legal rules, starting a company, registering it, and so on.
- Customizing and creating your own brand is a difficult and time-consuming process, but you can start with one day at a time.
How Much Money Can You Make Selling Hair?
In the US, you can find tons of private self-employed and independent hair extension sellers. You can find at least four standalone sites where you can sell hair online such as Amazon. And they can sell anywhere from $200 to $4000. These marketplaces come handy when you don’t have enough money to start your own site, social media handles. You can start as a distributor and list your products on the seller sites.
How much does it Cost to Start a Hair Company?
- In 2020, the US market is making nice money selling this luxury. If you intend to start selling hair online in the United States of America, the incorporation fee can cost you around $500. Then, budget and liability will cost you around $1000 or more.
- But, you can start this business without any money as well if you start right. We have already mentioned one way in the above section. Earning and investing at the same time is the best way to start such a business.
Prepare and Stick to a Hair Plan
For starting your human-hair selling business, you must first prepare your hair plan. If you want to start selling hair, you must learn the basics and then move forward.
- First, start with the basics. Learn the market and check others.
- Second, conduct your feasibility study for your area, location, audience, current financial status, and so on.
- Third, choose your values, venue, and sales medium. Because it is online, select your marketplaces, online platforms, and other things.
- Fourth, connect with manufacturers, suppliers, vendors, and sellers. Look for wholesale lots and suppliers. Bridge and connect with businesses.
- Fifth, attract customers and heavily market the product. Use the help of marketplaces first, and then go solo. Work on retaining your first customer, and keep moving with one customer at a time.
- You must know that you do not need an LLC or Corp or other legal endings to start your hair selling the business in the US.
- Starting as a distributor, listing products online on marketplaces is a safe and sound way to get your toes wet in the hair selling industry
- All you need is a General Business License to start selling hair under your own brand and website. And, hair extension online business doesn’t need any specific licensing.