How to Throw a Mardi Gras Party
How do you set up a Mardi Gras party?
What Mardi Gras tradition is illegal?
Tips for Throwing a Mardi Gras Party
- 1) Decorate in Purple, Green and Gold. Choose streamers, balloons, hats, cups, throw pillows, fabrics other décor items and party decorations that use these three colors together.
- 2) Add Beads.
- 3) Tell Guests to Dress Up.
- 4) Serve Delicious Cajun-Inspired Food.
How can I celebrate Mardi Gras at home?
What happens at a Mardi Gras party?
9 It is illegal to wear masks in New Orleans except on Mardi Gras. The masquerade is an enduring tradition of the Mardi Gras festivities as an opportunity for people to shed their inhibitions and fully imbibe in the party-spirit.
Is flashing in New Orleans legal?
Here’s how to make family-friendly Mardi Gras magic at home with DIY costumes, cake, and plenty of pizzazz.
- Get beaded.
- Make festive and healthy food.
- Decorate your own masks.
- Bake a king cake.
- Try some New Orleans cooking.
- Throw your own parade.
Why is there a baby in the King Cake?
Mardi Gras is about music, parades, picnics, floats and excitement. Parade goers will sit on the ground, throw balls, play music, eat great food and watch the crowds walk by between parades. On Mardi Gras day, the majority of non-essential businesses are shut down because of the celebration.