The narrator option is a useful feature provided by the company in Xbox One. It is a screen reader that reads menus, buttons, and other types of text out loud. It is especially helpful for people with visual impairments. However, for some of us, the constant narration can become disruptive and very annoying. Given below are the steps to turn off the narrator:
Turn Off Voice Narration Through Power Menu
This is the easiest and fastest way to turn off voice narration.
- Turn on your Xbox One, and check if your narration is on.
- On your controller, press and hold the Xbox button until the power menu opens.
- To turn off the narrator, press the menu button (the three horizontal lines).
- To verify if the narrator has turned off, return to the home screen and check the controls.
- As this method is the simplest way to turn off the narrator, one limitation is that you may accidentally turn it on anytime whenever you press and hold the power button.
Turn Off the Narrator in the Settings Menu
This method is a little longer and complicated; however, it provides more options to control the settings of the narrator.
- Open the guide by pressing the Xbox button on your controller.
- Using your controller firstly navigate to System and then to the Settings option.
- Scroll down and select the option Ease of Access. Under this option, select the Narrator.
- You will see a tick mark on the Narrator on the box, this means that your narrator is on.
- To remove the tick mark from the box, press the A button on your controller. This way, you can turn off the narrator. You can find official details here.
Turn Off the Narrator Using Kinect or Cortana
You can use voice commands to turn off the narrator. However, you should make sure that the voice controls are turned on.
- To turn off the narrator using Cortana, simply say – “Hey Cortana, turn off narrator.”
- If you do not have Cortana, use the command – “Xbox, turn off narrator.”
- It is important to note that Voice commands may not be available in some countries or regions.
Turn off the narrator using the keyboard shortcut, for this method to work, you must sign in on Xbox live Id.
- To turn off the narrator, press the Windows key, Control key, and the Enter key simultaneously.
- In order to turn back the narrator on, repeat the same process.
- This process allows the narrator to be enabled.
In case you are not able to turn off the narrator using the above-given methods, log on to the official Microsoft website.
- Go to the main Menu and select Xbox.
- Scroll down and select the option Xbox Support.
- From the drop-down menu, select Xbox One.
- Scroll down the menu and select the Ease of Access option.
- You will find a list of links from which you can select the link which will be useful to you.
To Make Sure that You Don’t Accidentally Turn on the Narrator Again
There may be times when you might turn on the narrator unintentionally. To avoid this, follow the steps that are mentioned below.
- Go to Systems and then proceed to select the Settings option.
- Scroll down and select the option titled Ease of Access.
- Select the Narrator option.
- Under this option, select the Warn me when turning the Narrator on option.
- When the voice narrator is on, the selected option will be highlighted by a light blue box. You will get a text to speech output on whichever option you have selected.
- The Ease of Access section allows you to make more changes in the settings of the narrator. It contains options such as Controller Shortcuts and Keyboard Shortcuts.
- If you use the voice narrator options, other options in the Ease of Access section may be useful to you as well.
Be careful so that you don’t end up unintentionally performing changes to your settings.
How do I make my Xbox stop talking?
How do you turn off Narrator in dungeons Xbox one?
How do you turn off narrator on bedrock?
How do you turn off text to speech in bedrock?
How do I turn off text to speech?
- From a Home screen, navigate: Apps icon > Settings then tap “Language & input” or “Language & keyboard”.
- From the On-screen keyboard, tap Google Keyboard/Gboard.
- Tap Preferences.
- Tap the Voice input key switch to turn on or off .
How do I get my phone to stop reading my texts out loud?
Search in accessibility/select to speak. If you have it turn it off.
Why is my iPhone reading my texts out loud?
How do I turn off text to speech on Android?
How do text to speech programs work?
How do I make my phone read to me?
- Open your device’s Settings app .
- Tap Accessibility, then tap Select to Speak.
- Turn on Select to Speak shortcut.
- Optional: To change your shortcut, tap Select to Speak shortcut.
How do I get my phone to read to me?
How do I get my iPhone to read my text out loud?
Why is my phone reading my texts without me knowing?
How do I get my iPhone to read my texts aloud?
- Open the Settings app on your home screen.
- Tap the General tab.
- Scroll down and tap the Accessibility tab.
- Tap the Speak Selection option (it should be set to off, currently).
- Tap the toggle switch to turn it on. You can also adjust the rate of speech as well.