Google shook the online software market when it introduced the online version of the office applications.
Making your presentation visually attractive, graphs are of elementary use in Google Docs.
Build a Chart on Google Docs
We get a plethora of productivity software on Docs by Google. Putting these tools to good use, we can generate unimagined results. Here’s how to make a chart on Google Docs.
- First, ‘Log-In’ into your Google account through your computer’s a web browser and visit the Google Docs website.
- Look for the spreadsheet you wish to make edits in or draft a fresh document.
- Select the cells you want to make a graph out of, from the top left of the data table to the bottom right.
- Click on ‘Insert’ in the menu table and click on ‘Charts’. Here you can select the kind of chart you wish to draw from the selected data.
- Clicking the options available after a right-click, you can also make necessary changes in the chart/graph, including dimensions, size, etc.
Make a Table on Google Docs
Tables are simpler with respect to displaying and comparing data. Here’s how you can make and edit a table in Google Docs.
- You can use either ‘Docs or Slides’ for this method.
- Open the document and click on ‘Insert’. Here you will find an option to insert a table.
- Now, a table will pop up on your page or slide. You can edit the number and positioning of cells, columns, rows of the table, you click on the available options accordingly.
- From a simple right-click on one of the cells in the table, you can choose to delete rows, columns, merge and unmerge cells and also, delete the whole table.
Move a Graph on Google Docs
When you have understood how to make it and edit it, it becomes rather easy to move a chart or a graph in Google Docs (https://www.google.com/docs/about/).
- First of all, visit the Google Docs page and navigate to the spreadsheet where you want to make the changes.
- When there, click on the chart you want to move and holding it, drag it to where you want it to be.
- Make sure that you are connected to the internet at all times while working on Google Docs otherwise; your changes might remain unsaved.
You can share your document with others on Google Docs and take others help if you get stuck. This process can also be used as a method to collaborate with others on a document.
How do you make an XY graph on Google Docs?
How do you make a graph on Google Docs on a laptop?
- Click Insert.
- Select Chart.
- Select a kind of chart.
- Click Chart Types for options including switching what appears in the rows and columns or other kinds of graphs.
- Click Customization for additional formatting options.
- Click Insert.