No wonder Google Chrome browser is the most optimized and lovely browser on the Earth right now.
Chrome uses lots of computer memory to operate; however, the performance is excellent on mid and high-end devicesHere is inclusive sub-heading on how to make Google Chrome a default browser on a wide platform.
The Best Guide to Make Chrome Default Browser on Windows
Configuration of the settings to make Chrome a default browser is simple to consider. Thus, the below segments follow those elegant steps for Windows 10.
- Step 1: Starting, click on “Start Menu” on the bottom left corner.
- Step 2: Now, you should see “Settings” gear on the start panel; click on it.
- Step 3: After that, select “System” tile, it should be the first tile on all computers running Windows 10.
- Step 4: Thirdly, on the third option from the left panel that says “Default App” click on it.
- Step 5: And, scroll down on the page and find the section, “Web Browser”
- Step 6: Lastly, click on the browser listed in the section. It should generate a box of lists of browsers available on your device. There, click on “Google Chrome”
Make Google Chrome a Default Browser on Any Windows OS
- Step 1: Open the browser and click on the there-lines at the top right corner to bring the menu section.
- Step 2: There, click on “Settings” and scroll down to the “Default Browser” option.
- Step 3: Finally, click on “Make Google Chrome a Default Browser”
- Now, you should be doing just okay to load Chrome as the default browser when you redirect for a web view.
Method to Make Chrome Default Browser on Mac OS
It should be a pretty straightforward guide, follow along with us to make Chrome a default browser on the Mac computer.
- Step 1: First things first, you should have Google Chrome browser installed on your Mac to follow along with other steps.
- Step 2: After installation, on your Mac, go to the “Safari” tab on the home screen.
- Step 3: On the drop-down lists, now choose “Preferences”
- Step 4: In the General tab, choose the “Default browser” tab. There, you should have Safari as the default browser.
- Step 5: Click on the button then select “Google Chrome” from the list. Now, close the preferences window and test the browser setup. Certainly, Google Chrome is now the default browser on your Mac.
Definite Process to Make Chrome Default Browser on Android
We install various browsers on our Android phone; Google Chrome is no wonder the best one to pick. The purpose you are here is to make Chrome as a default browser on your Android phone, let’s jump right into the solution.
- Step 1: Firstly, make sure you have installed Google Chrome on the device.
- Step 2: Now, go to “Settings” on your Android phone and scroll down to search for “Application Settings” As you find the option, tap on it.
- Step 3: There, you can see lists of options to choose from, select one that says, “Default app settings”
- Step 4: A pop-up window asks you to choose a browser as default. Finally, tap on “Google Chrome”
Ways on How to Make Chrome Default Browser on iPad and iPhone (No Jailbreak!)
It’s not that straightforward to change the default browser to Google Chrome on iOS devices. However, you can use third-party applications to do so.
- Step 1: Go to the Apple store and install “UpTime- Web Browser” Also, you should have Google Chrome already installed on your iPhone.
- Step 2: Open the application and tap on the “info button” located at the below-right corner.
- Step 3: Now, on the “Default” section, tap on the “Long Press Opens in” option then select Chrome.
As a result, when you click on any of the external links, you should land on the Chrome browser.