If you want to watch YouTube videos on your TV, there is a way to stream them through your iPhone. Anyone who has an iPhone that was made in the last six years will be able to use this method. This article will detail a quick and easy way to watch YouTube videos on your TV with almost any iPhone.
- Connect Your iPhone and Chromecast
The first thing you need to do is make sure that your iPhone and Chromecast are connected to your home Wi-Fi network. If they are not both connected, there is no way that you will be able to watch YouTube videos this way. If you aren’t sure if they are connected, go into your Wi-Fi settings on your phone and look for your network. There should be a checkmark next to your network name if it is connected.
- Get the YouTube App
Once you have confirmed that both your iPhone and Chromecast are connected to your local Wi-Fi network, you will need to download and install the YouTube app on your phone. You will be able to get this app from the App Store for free. It shouldn’t take more than a couple of minutes to do this, assuming you have a decently fast internet connection.
- Load up a YouTube Video
Load up the YouTube video that you want to watch on your TV. You can simply use the search bar on the YouTube app on your phone. Make sure that you are using this app and not going through the actual website on your browser.
- Select the “Cast” option
When the video begins playing, you will need to choose the “Cast” icon, which can be found above the video itself. The icon looks like a miniature rectangular screen with some curved lines in the bottom left corner.
- Start Streaming Videos
Once you have followed all of these steps, you can begin streaming YouTube videos on your TV.
- You can search for and play videos on the YouTube app on your phone, and they will appear on your television.
- You should see the video appear on your TV as soon as the video starts to play on your phone.
- You can use your phone as a sort of alternate remote control. Whenever you pause the video on your phone, it will pause on the TV as well.
- You can perform other commands like skipping to the next video or going backwards/forwards within a single video.
- If you don’t have Chromecast, you can still stream YouTube videos from your iPhone on your TV. You will need a smart TV with mobile streaming capabilities. Go into the YouTube app’s settings on your smart TV and choose “Pair Device”. You will see a code appear. Simply enter the code into the YouTube app on your iPhone. After you have done that you will receive a confirmation message. Your iPhone is now connected to your TV.
- You can also go into the YouTube app settings on your phone and select the “Watch on TV” option. Look for your smart TV on the list of devices and click “Link” next to it. This will establish a wireless connection between your iPhone and the TV.
- After you have connected your iPhone to your TV, go into the YouTube settings to adjust the video quality. You will have a number of different resolutions to choose from. These options include 360p, 480p, 720p, 1080p, and Full Quality. Choose the “Full Quality” setting to get the best overall picture for your videos.
How can I get my iPhone to play on my TV?
- Open Control Center.
- Tap Screen Mirroring, then choose your Apple TV or an AirPlay 2-enabled smart TV as the playback destination. If an AirPlay passcode appears on the TV screen, enter the passcode on your iPhone.
How do I connect my phone to YouTube on my TV wirelessly?
How do I mirror YouTube to my TV?
- Make sure your smartphone and Chromecast device are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Open the Google Home app.
- Choose “Cast screen / audio” from the side navigation menu, then tap “Cast screen / audio.”
- Select your Chromecast Device.
How do you link YouTube to TV?
Why can’t I cast YouTube to my TV?
In order to Cast to YouTube TV, you’ll need a solid internet connection with a Wi-Fi network that both the device you are Casting from and your Chromecast on it. Additionally, you’ll need to ensure that you have a 3Mbps connection for the best viewing experience. Open the YouTube TV app.
How do I set up YouTube on my smart TV?
Open the YouTube TV app on your TV. On a computer or mobile device, go to tv.youtube.com/start. Enter the activation code displayed on your TV at tv.youtube.com/start.
Can you connect YouTube to your TV without WIFI?
How do I connect my mobile data to my Smart TV?
How do I use my phone data on my smart TV?
How can I watch YouTube on my older TV without WIFI?
What device turns your TV into a smart TV?
Can I use my phone data on my TV?
Can you connect phone to TV without WIFI?
Therefore, no Wi-Fi or internet connection is required to mirror your phone screen onto your smart TV. (Miracast only supports Android, not Apple devices.) Generally, however, with a Wi-Fi connection you can successfully screen mirror your device and have a better experience.