Even though Twitter is one of the platforms for sharing interesting videos, there are a few limitations that you should be aware of before posting your videos.
Below is the list.
- The video should be no more than 512mbs in size, with a bitrate not exceeding 25 Mbps.
- For a Twitter mobile app, your videos must be in either MOV or MP4 format.
- If you’re using Twitter.com on a desktop, the videos must be in MP4 formats.
- The video must be at most 2 minutes and 20 seconds long.
- Your video’s resolution should fall between 32×32 and 1920×1200.
- The video’s width to height ratio (aspect ratio) must be equal to or lower than 2.39:1.
- Must have a frame rate of 40 fps or lower.
With these in mind, let’s jump on how to post a video after ensuring it meets the above parameters.
- Post Videos on Twitter Using PC or Mac Computer
Before uploading that favorite video to the Twitter website, ensure it’s in MP4 format. Or else, you’ll get a prompt indicating that the video is in an unsupported format. If it’s in another form other than MP$, consider converting it to the supported format using a video converter software tool. Having done that, proceed to the following steps.
- Use your preferred browser to navigate to https://twitter.com and log in to your account.
- In your account homepage, click on the “Tweet” located in the top-right corner to compose a new tweet. Alternatively, you can click on the “What’s happening” option found on the upper part of the screen.
- In the new tweet field, select the gallery icon located below the tweet area. The option is located under the text field to the left.
- Go through your videos to find the video that you want to upload. When you get to the intended video, click on the “Open” or “Choose” option to get your video uploaded to Twitter.com.
- If the video you want is longer than 2 minutes and 20 seconds, you can edit it and click on the “Done” when through with your edits.
- Having uploaded your video, it’s now time to add anything that you want. It can be a brief description of your video or just a short comment on the video. Besides, your video does not impact on the number of your tweet characters.
- When you’re done adding a text to your video, hit on the “Tweet” option to get your video viral. And that’s it.
- Post Videos on Twitter from Twitter Mobile App
There are three ways that you can use to get your video and post on Twitter from a Twitter mobile app.
- Record your video from the Twitter app, edit, and post the video. This works perfectly on Twitter for iPhone. But for android users, the Android version that you’re using should be at least 4.1. Below that, this feature might not work out for you.
- Import videos from the mobile device you’re using. This method works pretty well with the iPhone and iPad.
- Upload a video from your device to Twitter.com
Now, with that in mind, let’s jump to how you can post videos on Twitter from your Android or iOS device.
- How to Post Videos On Twitter from Android Phone or Tablet
If you want to post videos on twitter Android, you have the option of uploading a pre-recorded video or recording a fresh video instantly on the app and posting. Ready to learn how? Well, let’s roll in.
Post Already Recorded Video
- Open the Twitter application tapping on the blue icon with a bird inside. If you don’t get the app on your home screen, you can find it in your app drawer. By doing that, the app will open on your account homepage if you’re automatically logged in.
- With that done, tap on the feather icon located at the lower right corner of your mobile screen to start a new tweet.
- Next, tap on the gallery icon found at the bottom-left corner of your new tweet window. If you’re a first-timer in uploading a video to Twitter, then you should allow twitter to have access to your files. This would grant Twitter permission to access your file when you want to upload your videos. You can also record a video on the Twitter app and post.
- By doing so, you should see the location of your video files. It can either be Gallery or Camera Roll.
- Tap on the video file that you want to upload to Twitter and then tap on the “Done” button located on the upper right of the screen. If your video file is longer or larger than the recommended size, you can down-size it by trimming. If you’d wish to trim your video, follow the simple steps below.
- Set the beginning for your video by dragging the left end bar to your favorite starting point.
- After that, drag the right end of the blue bar to your preferred end of the video.
- With that done, drag the center portion of the blue bar to get the entire section shifted.
- Preview and confirm if the size of your trimmed video falls within the recommended limits.
- If you’re impressed with the resulting video size, tap on the “Done” button.
- Add a text or a comment to your video by tapping above the video thumbnail. Also, you can tap on the pencil icon to make more edits or tap on the “X” to discard your video. Besides that, you can tag your current location to your tweet. Note this step is optional, and you can bypass it if your video is in the right size.
- Finally, tap on the “Tweet All” option, and your video and text will get tweeted. And that’s it.
- Post Videos on Twitter from iPhone or iPad
- Find the Twitter app icon on your home screen or a folder on the homes screen and tap on it to launch it.
- Navigate to the lower-right of your screen and tap on the blue feather icon with a plus sign to start a new tweet. By doing so, you’ll get to the next page to begin creating a new tweet.
- Next, tap on the “Gallery” button located in the bottom-left corner of the “New Tweet” field. This will prompt a list of videos and photos on your phone to open. If you’d wish to record a video straight away and post, you can tap on the camera icon instead and then hold on the . When through with recording the video, stop and post it.
- When the videos in your phone open, tap on the specific video that you’d wish to upload on Twitter. The video will open and allow you to make some edits before sending it to the Feeds.
- Trim the video (Optional). If your video is longer or bigger than the required maximum, trim it by using the video roll located on the lower part of your screen. All you should do during the editing process is to drag the blue ends to your preferred starting point and the preferred end and then tap on the “Done” button to get your video uploaded into the tweet section.
- After that, you can add comments to your tweet. To do that, tap on the “What’s happening?” option located at the top of your screen.
- Adding a comment to a video clip is optional, and you can post a video without adding a text or commentary. And of course, there isn’t a penalty for that. However, adding a comment or a brief description of your video makes your post attractive.
- When done, hit on the blue “Tweet” icon to post your video to twitter. The icon is on the top-right corner of your profile.