Chromecast is a streaming adapter that allows users to watch online contents such as music, videos, and more on a digital TV.
You can reset Chromecast in the following ways.
Reset Chromecast Device
You can reset your Chromecast device within a few minutes. You can continue the procedure even if your computer does not recognize your Chromecast.
- Open the ‘Home’ app on your phone.
- Open the ‘Settings’ menu.
- Click ‘Device Settings’> ‘Personalize Backdrop and More’.
- You will see a drop-down list with a few options.
- Choose ‘Factory Reset’ from the options.
- Choose ‘Ok’ when prompted.
- If required, you can perform a hard reset option.
Reset Chromecast Audio
Like other electronic devices, sometimes, Chromecast audio may stop working. In such cases, you can reset your Chromecast audio by taking help from the following steps.
- Connect your Chromecast audio to the speaker with one of the 3 supported audio cables.
- Switch on the Chromecast audio.
- Hold down the button next to the USB port on the Chromecast audio. Do not release the button until LED turns to white.
- Release the button after it turns white.
- Now set up Chromecast audio as a new device.
- You can open Chromecast app (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.apps.chromecast.app&hl=en_IN) on your mobile and go to ‘Settings’. Tap on the ‘Menu’ icon.
- Tap on ‘Factory Rest’ Chromecast. Tap ‘Ok’.
- Set up Chromecast audio as a new device.
Reset Chromecast Wi-Fi
You can change the Wi-Fi network connected to a Chromecast device with the following steps.
- Make sure to connect your mobile device to the same Wi-Fi network of the Chromecast or Chromecast audio.
- Open the ‘Google Home’ app.
- Tap on your ‘Device Settings’.
- Scroll down to Wi-Fi.
- Tap on ‘Forgot the Network’.
- Now, follow the on-screen setup steps to set up your Wi-Fi on a new network.
Reset Chromecast Dongle
With the following steps, you can reset your Chromecast via dongle in a few minutes.
- Plug in the Chromecast to TV.
- Hold down the side button on the dongle.
- When you hold down the button, you will see the LED blinks orange.
- Keeping holding the button until it blinks white.
- The Chromecast will reboot now.
Reset Chromecast First Generation
Most of the time, you do not need to reset the Chromecast, as the device will update itself when connected to the internet. Sometimes, you may want to reset your Chromecast due to various reasons including when Chromecast freezes or your wireless router changes. In such cases, you can follow the below explained steps.
- Use the button on Chromecast to reset your Chromecast.
- Hold down to the button next to the micro USB port.
- Wait for a few seconds and release the button after it turns white from orange.
- Set up your Chromecast as a new device.
- You can also reset your Chromecast via Chromecast app too.
- Open the app.
- Tap ‘Settings’> ‘Factory Reset’.
- Tap yes when prompted.
You just have to follow the steps depending on the device or way you use to reset your Chromecast.
How do I factory reset my chromecast?
- Open the Google Home app .
- Tap your Chromecast device. Settings .
- At the top right, tap More Factory reset. Factory reset.
Do you need to reset a chromecast?
How do I relink my chromecast?
Why won’t my chromecast connect to my new WiFi?
Why is Google home not finding my chromecast?
Turn Wi-Fi off/on from the setup device, then reopen the Google Home app. If this did not resolve the issue, continue to next step. Try using another device to set up the Chromecast device. If this did not resolve the issue, continue to next step.
Why is Netflix not finding my chromecast?
At the lower left of the screen, select the Home tab. Scroll down to the Devices section and look for your Chromecast. If your Chromecast isn’t listed, it may be connected to a different network. Visit the Google support website for help switching networks.
Why is my chromecast not connecting?
How do I fix my chromecast reconnect?
- Unplug the Chromecast device from the HDMI port.
- Unplug the power cord from the Chromecast device.
- Plug the HDMI extender into the Chromecast device.
- Plug the HDMI extender into an available HDMI port on the TV.
- Reconnect the power cord to the Chromecast device.