eBay is a shopping site that allows you to make handsome money by selling your items and products.
Here is some information on how to sell on eBay.
How to Sell Items on eBay?
eBay is a competitive marketplace. If you want to make decent money on selling items on eBay, you have to go extra mile to give the best to your customers.
- As you all know that, listing an item on eBay involves listing cost, final value fee, shipping cost, and more. Therefore, make sure to understand the costs before titling the price of your item. Do not offer free shipping for minimum purchase.
- Find reliable and trusted suppliers to sell and promote your items. It would be better if you sell cheap items, so that customers will like to buy your items and in return you will get more sales.
- Create an eBay account (https://reg.ebay.com/reg/PartialReg). Open the official web portal of the eBay account and click ‘Register’ or ‘Create an Account’.
- Now, you have to select the type of the account. Select personal account or business account depending on the type of the account you want to create.
- Enter the necessary details such as your name, email ID, password and more. The required details will vary depending on the type of the account you want to create. Verify the details and click ‘Register’.
- Now, set-up your payment method. For that, you have to link your PayPal account. If you want to add other payment methods, you have to view the accepted payment methods of eBay.
- Create an impressive and convincing selling profile before you sell your items on eBay. Set prices wisely. Make sure to convert your visitors to customers. Use high-quality and clear images.
- Build your reputation by buying a few items. Find out some ways to source your items. Structure your shipping and storage spending and how long you will spend on listing each item.
- Customer service is very important. You have to be responsible and professional to your customers. Make sure to attend the customer calls immediately and reply their messages as soon as possible.
How to Sell Multiple Items on eBay?
Making money is the ultimate goal of everyone. People do a lot of things to earn some money. You can sell your items on eBay to make money. Here are the steps to sell multiple items on eBay.
- Go to eBay site and click ‘Register’ on the top left corner of the home page.
- When you click ‘Register’, it will open a new window. You have to fill in the text fields to create a new eBay account. You have to provide your details such as first name, last name, email ID and password. Verify your password by reentering it.
- Once eBay verifies your details and found ok, they will send you a mail or provide you a success screen. You will get a user ID or name from eBay. If needed, you can change that name.
- Now, you can list your items on eBay and make money. Make sure to go through the selling terms and conditions, selling fees, and selling limits once before listing the items on eBay selling page.
- If you want to create a fixed price listing, you will have a PayPal account. You can edit how your listings can be shown. You can select either display more than 10 available listings or display the exact quantity in your listing, then at last click on ‘Submit’.
- Give some discounts, promo-codes and offers to attract the buyers.
How to Sell on eBay App?
If you want to sell items on eBay app, you must have an eBay seller account. Here are the steps that will help you start a seller account on eBay.
- Go to eBay site and click ‘Register’. Choose create a seller account. First, you have to register your business details such as business name, contact information and business type.
- Next, choose your payment method. You can choose from a bank account, PayPal or credit or debit card. After that, you have to confirm your identity. For that, keep your laptop or mobile phone ready.
- Choose how you want to be paid by your customers. You can choose from electronic transfers, money-back guarantee or PayPal. Link your eBay and PayPal accounts. Now, tap on sell from the home page of the eBay. Tap on the list your item to enter your items in listing.
- If you are selling a retail item with a barcode, you can tap on ‘Scan Your Item’. After scanning, eBay will automatically identify your item and fill-in the parts of your listing. If eBay is not able to identify your item, do not worry, you can enter the listings by hand.
- Tap in the ‘Listing Title’ box and enter a title for your listing. The title must feature the model and make of the item you are selling.
- Tap the ‘Category Box’ and choose a category for your item listing. You can choose between various categories including business, dolls and bears, collectibles, cameras, cell phones and more.
- Add photos and a short description of your items. Make sure to include legible photos.
- Tap on the condition to mention the condition of your item to buyers. You can see various options condition including new, used, manufacturer refurbished, seller refurbished, and specific parts do not work and more. Choose the option according to the condition of your item.
- Include item type and price. Tap duration and schedule listing. Tap ‘Shipping’ service to include shipping details and cost. Continue with listing and verify details. Tap list item to finish the listing process. Now, buyers will view your items and buy them if they would like to.
How to Get Started Selling on eBay?
If you want to make some extra cash, you can start selling your items on eBay. Here is how to get started selling on eBay.
- Open the eBay app and sign in with your ‘Log-In’ credentials. Tap ‘Sell’ at the top of the eBay home page or navigate to sell your item.
- Choose the items that you want to sell. Create a listing for the items you want to sell on eBay.
- Complete the on-screen instructions to list the items on eBay. Verify the details to confirm that you have listed all the details of your item properly and correctly.
- Add your payment method. If you have a PayPal account, you can link that on eBay. PayPal is a recommended payment method on eBay. If you do not have a PayPal account, you can add other payment methods that eBay accepts.
- Add an automatic payment method for eBay fees. Include your shipping options and how you want to get paid from your buyers.
- Add how buyers can contact you for a replacement or refund. Also, you should include how you manage missing items if any.
- Agree to the selling terms and conditions of eBay.
How to Sell on eBay without PayPal?
eBay allows you sell items even if you do not have a PayPal account. PayPal is a recommended payment method for eBay because most of the eBay customers are using that way to make payments. Otherwise, PayPal (https://www.paypal.com/us/home) is not mandatory to start selling on eBay.
- Visit the eBay website and create a seller account.
- You have to carefully choose the items that you want to sell on eBay. Do not choose the items that buyers buy once in a while. Make sure to sell frequently used items so that you can get more sales.
- Also, you have to list your items in a way that attracts buyers. Your listing should be understandable and readable. Include bright and legible photos and highlighting features of your items.
- Now, you must include your payment method. If you do not have a PayPal account, you can add other payment methods that eBay accepts such as credit cards, cash on delivery or debit cards.
- Choose how you want to get paid from buyers. Add your shipper’s name and shipping details including how many business days are required to ship the items and shipping cost.
- Tap list to list your item. Now, you can start making money on eBay.
You can make a decent income on eBay every month through selling. However, you should make sure to sell high-quality and durable items. Do not compromise quality for cost.