Wi-FI is the wireless network sharing option among the users to communicate with one another. To work, Wi-Fi requires a router (networking device) that routes its path between the internet and the users securely. There is a wide variety of advantages of Wi-Fi; it’s effortless to share and connects instantly. Wi-Fi works on almost every device we have around us these days. Suppose you have got the password set to complicated uppercase, lowercase, and other characters, and you might be wondering how we can share a Wi-FI password without having to type. In this article, we are discussing the very topic; follow our lead to find out.
How to share Wi-Fi password using Android phone
Sharing Wi-Fi password using Android Phone has one brand to other different approaches. The process may differ from a rooted Android phone to non-rooted. Follow the instructions learn the ways.
Share Wi-Fi Password in Non-Rooted Android Phone
Sharing Wi-Fi password in Non-Rooted Android device used QR code scanner. Most of the Smartphones support Wi-Fi password share using QR code scanning. Go through the steps given below to know how to share the Wi-Fi password while scanning the QR code.
- Go to the “Settings” application on your smartphone and search for “Wi-Fi” settings.
- On the Wi-Fi settings, tap on the “Share this network” on the very Wi-Fi network to generate QR code. A QR code will be created on your screen, ready for scanning.
- On the other Android phone, open the scanning application. In case your phone does not support QR code scanning, download QR and Barcode Scanner form the given link. Give the necessary permission for scanning while going to the application manager and enabling them.
- Open the “QR and Barcode Scanner” application and start scanning the QR code from another Android phone. You will be automatically turned and connected to the Wi-Fi network, and it’s that simple.
Share Wi-Fi password Easily Using Rooted Android phone
Rooting Android phones is considered similar to Jailbreaking in iOS devices. Rooting provides privileged to users on the subsystem to your Android phone. It allows users to perform lots of tweaks and changes on their smartphones. Rooted smartphones are prone to violate the terms and conditions of one’s brand. Moving on, most of you might have your phone rooted and want to share the Wi-Fi password with your friends and family easily.
After you have successfully rooted your phone, install the Xposed framework, you can make the convoluted sharing process much more comfortable. The essential requirement is, your phone should be running in close to stock Android. To get it installed in your Android phone, go to the download section of the Xposed installer and search for the application named Wi-Fi-Pwd for Android 4.0.3+.” Scroll right and go to versions list, on the available latest version, tap on “Download.” After a couple of seconds, the installer should come right up and install it to your phone.
Now, on the notification, you will get an option saying “Activate and Reboot,” tap on it. Your phone will boot again back normally. Then open the application and allow for the Superuser permission. Once you are in the app, tap on the available list, saying, “Enable Wi-Fi password.” Open your Wi-Fi application and go to the Wi-Fi network, password along with other information will be shown right on the very Wi-FI you are connected to.
Share Wi-Fi Password on iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch
Sharing the Wi-Fi network password among iOS device users is relatively simple and straight-forward. Here we are discussing two possible methods to share Wi-Fi passwords among iOS users.
Instantly share Wi-Fi Password with Your Contacts on iOS device
Sharing a Wi-Fi password is made simpler in iOS devices without having to say the complicated password to your friends. You need to have your friend’s contact list on your phone; otherwise, he/she won’t be able to connect; this is done for security reasons. You and your friend both need to enable Wi-Fi and Bluetooth features to connect successfully. Also, make sure you both are in a feasible parameter. Follow the instructions below for a clear understanding.
- Once your friend is ready, have them open the “Settings” application and go to “Wi-Fi” settings.
- Now ask your friend to choose your Wi-Fi network.
- As soon as your friend taps on your network, you will get a notification on your iPhone.
- On the notification, tap on “Share Password,” your friend will get connected to the Wi-Fi automatically.
Share Wi-Fi Password on iOS device using QR code
iPhone and the iPad camera is capable of scanning QR codes on its own if you have iOS version 11 and higher. There is a bit of tweak to perform on the Camera setting for the scanner to work correctly, follow the guidelines given below.
- Go to the “settings” on your iPhone or iPad.
- On the settings, search for “Camera Settings” and tap on it.
- On the given lists, check to mark the “Scan QR codes.”
Now open the camera and start scanning the Wi-Fi password QR code.
Tips: How to generate QR code for your Wi-Fi
Not every smartphone generates QR code for the available networks. Thus, we have to create a Wi-Fi QR code on our own. To generate a QR code, the most straight-forward way possible is to visit the site named QiFi and make it. Fill in the SSID, encryption type, and Key. Share the QR code with your friend, and he will be able to connect to the Wi-Fi.
Way to Share Wi-Fi Password from iPhone to Android
The easiest way to share the Wi-Fi password from an iOS device to Android is to use Hotspot. The Hotspot is the popular mobile services available in every Smartphone to communicate within a specific range.
- On your iPhone or iPad, turn on mobile data, follow by going to Settings, and select “mobile data.” Select “Mobile Data” and turn it on.
- Now, go back to settings and select “Personal Hotspot” and click on “Allow Others to Join.” You can also set a passphrase for the network manually.
- Now, unlock your Android phone and go to “Settings.”
- And, go to “Wireless and Network settings” and navigate to “Wi-Fi networks.” There you will see a bunch of networks on your phone’s reach. Select the one which you previously created on your iPhone and try connecting it. Enter the password on the correct hotspot SSID.
Now you have successfully shared the Wi-Fi network and password from iPhone to Android mobile. Check the connection by loading webpages on the internet browser.
How can I share WiFi password between devices?
In order to share and receive a password, your Android device must be running Android 10 or later. Make sure you’re connected to the network you wish to share, then open Settings > Connections > Wi-Fi, or your phone’s equivalent.
How do I share WiFi from my phone to another phone?
Connect another device to your phone’s hotspot
- On the other device, open that device’s list of Wi-Fi options.
- Pick your phone’s hotspot name.
- Enter your phone’s hotspot password.
- Click Connect.
How can I share WiFi with another phone without password?
As for now, it’s available on all phones running Android 10, followed by Samsung devices running OneUI. If you’ve got one, go to the WiFi settings, tap the WiFi network you’re connected to and click the Share button. It’ll then show you the QR code to be scanned to share the internet with other people.
How can I share WiFi password on mobile without QR code?
How do I get the QR code for my WiFi password?
- In Network & settings, tap Wi-Fi.
- Scroll to the bottom of the list of your saved Wi-Fi passwords. Tap the QR code icon on the right.
- Tap the QR code icon to the right of Add network.
- Position the viewfinder over the QR code generated on another phone.
How do I find my WiFi QR Code?
- Swipe down on your notifications on your Android smartphone to locate your WiFi connection.
- Scroll to the bottom of the section.
- Click on the QR Code that is adjacent to the Add Network option.
- Now, scan the WiFi QR Code to join the network.
How do I turn on WiFi password sharing on iPhone?
- Make sure that your device (the one sharing the password) is unlocked and connected to the Wi-Fi network.
- Select the Wi-Fi network on the device you want to connect.
- On your device, tap Share Password, then tap Done.
How can I connect to WiFi without password on my iPhone?
- Just install ‘Instabridge – WiFi Passwords’ on your iPhone device.
- Then open the app from connected devices. This will display the passwords for all SSID networks.
- Now use these keys to connect with new devices.
How do I share WiFi from my phone to my computer?
- Connect the phone to a computer or laptop by using the USB cable.
- Open the Settings app.
- Choose More, and then choose Tethering & Mobile Hotspot.
- Place a check mark by the USB Tethering item.
Can iPhone share WiFi password with PC?
Can you share WiFi password from iPhone to PS4?
Can Samsung share WIFI password?
How do I share WiFi from my Samsung phone?
- 1 Swipe the Navigation bar and Open Settings.
- 2 Tap Connections.
- 3 Tap Mobile Hotspot and Tethering.
- 4 Toggle on the WIFI sharing and then press OK.
- 5 Toggle on the switch to turn on the Hotspot.
How can I connect to WiFi without password on Android?
Is it possible to hack WiFi password?
How do I find my router username and password without resetting it?
How do I connect to unknown WiFi?
- In the lower-right corner of your screen, click the WiFi icon.
- Click Network Settings > Wi-Fi > Hidden Network > Connect.
- Enter the SSID (network name).
- Click Next.
- Enter the network security key (password).
- Click Next. Your computer connects to the network.