One of the first email clients that are today known as Outlook was started as Hotmail in 1996.
It is a suite of webmail, contacts, tasks, and calendaring services from Microsoft.
Stop Spam Emails Hotmail on iPad
So, there are different email clients like Gmail, iCloud, and they have their ways to make changes in the settings, and block emails on your device. If you are using an iPhone or iPad, and you want to stop spam emails from Hotmail, here is what you must do.
- First thing is to ‘Sign-In’ to Outlook (previously Hotmail) from your computer by going to this site – https://www.outlook.com/, and then go to settings on Outlook.
- This is the ‘Gear-Shaped’ icon on the top-right corner and clicking it gives you a ‘Drop-Down Menu’. Then, scroll down to ‘View Full Settings’ to open the settings window.
- On this window, click on ‘Mail’ tab, and then click on ‘Junk Email’, and then you get to add email addresses or accounts you wish to block.
- On the ‘Block Senders’ section, type the email address, and then click on ‘Add’ button. Then, click on ‘Save’ and thats all.
- This stops from receiving messages to your Outlook inbox, and thus also to the iPad inbox, even if you’re using the mail client.
Stop Spam Emails from Hotmail Account
Unfortunately, you can’t mark emails as ‘Junk’ or edit your ‘Junk Mail Settings’ from the Outlook app for mobile, Android or iOS. So, you have to Log-In to the website.
- Here is an article from Microsoft Office support that explains how you can mark emails as junk, and restrict them from getting to your Inbox.
- You cannot just mark them, but also report them as phishing or block a sender specifically. You have those settings in your messages list over on the top right side. Go to ‘Junk>Block>Ok’.
- These marking as junk are nothing but settings filters, as you know them in Gmail, and generic language.
Stop Sending Spam Emails Hotmail
If there is an issue where spam emails are being sent from your Hotmail account, and you wish to stop it, then you must first read this article (https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-stop-spam-email-being-sent-from-hotmail/15c4a8ac-4704-40d8-be07-331d935376f3) that explains this issue elaborately.
- This can be as a result of someone having stolen your credentials and contacts list and spoofing your email address as spam.
- There can be a malware, ‘Trojans’, ‘Rootkits’, ‘Viruses’, etc. that can infest your email account, and appear to send spam from your Hotmail.
- You must immediately ask at Microsoft’s Forums for Hotmail for help. For example, Microsoft also offers a ‘Microsoft’s Malicious Removal Tool’ for 32-bit and 64-bit packages.
- This issue of sending spam emails from Hotmail can be a serious issue and should be brought to attention immediately, as there is a broad range of possibilities.
- The Outlook is currently the default name for all Hotmail and ‘Live Accounts’, and if you are referring to blocking spam from those accounts, uses this guide.
You can even change the level of protection by modifying the settings as mentioned in an article by Microsoft Office support titled ‘Change Level of Protection in Junk Email Filter’.