Eyebrow tinting can be a tricky thing.
Especially for those that don’t have much experience doing itTo that end, we’ve made a compilation of all the information that you might want to know about eyebrow tinting.
Find the right color
- This is the step that determines everything. Choosing the right color is something that needs to be done carefully and with great consideration of factors such as hair color and skin tone. As a general rule of thumb, the color needs to be a shade darker than the color of the hair.
- However, some don’t like the risk and go for the same color as the hair is.
Hair dye should not use for eyebrows
- The thing is that regular hair dye has a completely different formula than the one used for tint eyebrows. Therefore, if you are doing this at home, make sure that you use the correct product.
- The eyebrows are a way more sensitive than regular hair and this can damage from regular hair dye. The point is don’t experiment as you might regret it and lose an eyebrow or both.
Things you need to tint your eyebrows at home
All anyone needs is an eyebrow kit. Almost all eyebrow kits contain the same things:
- a developer
- a mixing bowl
- an application tool
- eyebrow color
How long does the process of eyebrow tinting last?
- There is no straightforward answer to this one as it depends how skillful you are.
DIY tinting at home 101
Here are some handy pieces of advice on how to tint your eyebrows on your own, in your own home.
- Wear an old piece of clothing that if stained won’t matter much.
- Pull back all of your hair and clean your face of any makeup.
- Add some petroleum jelly around the eyebrows. That way you can protect the surrounding skin from accidentally staining.
- First timers should always have near them sterile eye irrigation solution. That way in case you accidentally get dye in one of the eyes you can react immediately.
- Apply in small amounts to avoid dripping.
How to remove the tint from your eyebrows?
- There is always a chance for something to go wrong when DIY. Sometimes you feel that the color could be bit darker or lighter, sometimes some areas may look bit different, and other times something completely different.
- In any case, it is for the best not to panic, give yourself a breather before doing anything drastic. The color can settle naturally.
- Very often you don’t see straight because your eyes are tired or you are looking from the wrong angle or there is little light in the environment. But even things go wrong, and you hate what you did reach out for a clarifying shampoo.
- In conclusion
- Tinting your eyebrows is no rocket science, but it requires being focused and patience. If it is your first time, make sure that you are not distracted by anything and take your time.
- As time goes, eye tinting will turn into a routine, and you will be able to do it very fast.