People will have many dreams with respect to their job. If you are someone that wants to serve the nation and people by becoming a police officer, then you need to prepare yourself well and to the point. You need to take some points into consideration in preparing yourself to become a police officer.
The following points will let you know about preparing for the police fitness test.
- Prepare Yourself for the Success
You need to clear the fitness test for sure for making yourself eligible to be a police officer. Clearing the fitness test is not that easy as you think. As you all know, a lot of things are required to clear the police fitness test. You need to consider all those things to be able to clear the police fitness test.
- First of all, you need to find out what is needed to prepare yourself for the police fitness test. Most of the fitness tests include the consideration of your height, weight, chest size when expansion and normal, body composition and more. You need to know how your police fitness test is going to be and what the test will actually look for.
- Go through the syllabus of the police fitness test ahead preparing yourself for the test. You should not prepare yourself in a normal fashion. Instead, you need to prepare yourself with respect to what is needed and important. Only then, you can able to clear the test.
- Once, after knowing the areas covered in the police fitness test, you need to determine your current status. That is, you need to find out whether or not you can able to clear the police fitness test if you are trained properly. If you think that, you are not that healthy and short of weight and chest expansion, then you need to first of all train yourself in those areas.
- Calculate the Time for Preparation
Most importantly, you need to calculate the time you have for preparing for the police fitness test. If you are not strong enough, you will need a lot of time and effort to attain the physical status. If you do not have much time this time for your police fitness test, then consider taking the test next year. It is needless to mention that, police recruitment will be hosting every year.
- Create a weekly or a daily exercise routine to make yourself fit and fine. Pace yourself to strengthen your muscles, body and cardio system. You should not have any pain in your neck, chest and elsewhere after working out. If you do have pains, then you need to consult a doctor for advice.
- Eat a healthy diet and a low-calorie diet all through your training schedule. Avoid taking processed foods, deep-fried items, and fast foods. You should drink as much water as possible to keep your body hydrated all the time.
- Preparation before the week
If you just have a week left for the police fitness test, then you need to gear up your preparation and at the same time, you should not hurt your physique.
- If you have just 4 to 7 days left for the police fitness test, you need to just focus on refreshing your preparation rather than doing heavy workouts and pushups at that time. Otherwise, your body may become tired and henceforth you cannot able to perform well in your police fitness test.
- You should not do any kind of workouts the day before the commencement of the police fitness test. You need to give your body a complete rest. By giving complete rest to your body without doing workouts, you can avoid muscle cramps, muscle fatigue, and overexertion of muscles. You need to relax and you can do walk or roam on a bike for some minutes.
- You need to have a sound sleep before the test. Sleep for 7 to 8 hours is needed to keep your soul and mind fresh and active. You should be sure to finish your dinner before 2 hours of your bedtime, so that, you will not experience any digestion issues at all.
- You need to make sure that you are hydrated. Keep in mind that you cannot able to perform well on the police fitness test if you are not hydrated. Just to keep your body hydrated, make sure to consume extra energy drinks and water.
- You need to consume a balanced and healthy diet before the night of the police fitness test. You should not eat a heavy meal or eat up to a full stomach.
On the day of your police fitness test, you need to wake up early and have a healthy breakfast two to three hours ahead of your test.
What are the fitness entry requirements for the police?
The medical test varies by force but normally involves:
- Checking your height, weight and Body Mass Index (BMI)
- A musculoskeletal assessment.
- Blood pressure check / urinalysis.
- Spirometry (Lung capacity test)
- Hearing and eyesight checks.
What fitness test do police use?
How far is 10 on the beep test?
|Level||Laps||Level Distance (m)|