It is needless to mention that, these days, no one is using the landline phone the most.
All such people are using mobile phones for their pocket-friendly usage and easy to use featuresIf you are having a landline phone still and would like to transfer that to a cell phone, you can do it by following the below steps.
We are now going to discuss some steps that help you transfer a landline to a cell phone.
Check Your Landline’s Calling Policy and Services
As you all know, a landline phone cannot be literally or physically transferred as a cell phone. We are going to transfer the calls and messages that you receive on your landline phone to your cell phone.
- Most of the landline phones calling services can back up the call forwarding services at free of cost. You need to check whether or not you are eligible to get free call forwarding service in your landline phone.
- Some landline phone carrier services will ask you to pay a one-time activation fee.
- To know about whether or not you can get free call forwarding services, you can make a call to your service provider and ask about this.
Activate Call Forwarding if Necessary
If you find that, call forwarding is disabled in your phone, you need to call your service provider and ask your service provider to enable a call forwarding service in your landline phone.
- For activating the call forwarding service, you need to either pay an activation fee or rater per minute, which depends according to your needs.
- You need to pay some money in advance for activating the service.
Go Through your Phone’s Instruction Manual
As you all know that, each phone’s settings and features will vary from the other. It is your duty to know the settings of your phone and how the call forwarding service in your phone works.
- You can get the copy of the landline phone’s instruction manual on the website of the landline phone service provider.
- By reading the manual, you would come to know what the steps that you should follow to activate the call forwarding service are.
Activating Call Forwarding Service
We are going to discuss some steps to activate the call forwarding service in your landline phone. You need to just follow the steps carefully.
- First of all, you need to activate the dial tone of your phone. You need to just pick up the receiver or press the call button on your cordless phone. Next, you need to dial to the call forwarding service. You need to dial to either *72 or *21* on the phone and press the dial button.
- The call forwarding codes will vary from one region to another region. If you are not sure about your region’s call forwarding code, you need to check the manual or visit the website of the service provider.
- Once, after successfully dialing to the service, you will hear a beep sound followed by an audio prompt to dial the phone number. Now, you have to enter your mobile phone number, to which you want to forward your landline phone calls. You need to enter the right 10-digit number.
- You should now press the “#” button to complete the setup on your landline phone. Some landline phones will demand you to press the call button again after entering your phone number. You need to do what is required.
- Last is that you need to wait for the confirmation message or tone. Once, after pressing the hash key or call button, you will hear a beep sound or chime. Once you hear the chime, you need to wait for some minutes until your call forwarding service on your landline phone becomes active. At times, you will receive an automated reply that assures that you have activated the call forwarding service in your landline phone.
If it is needed to be, you can activate the call forwarding service on your landline phone all the way through the website of your service provider. You need to log into your account and activate the forwarding service.