With time the shoes start having a crease on the primary folding area. But there are ways to decrease it. Some wrinkles won’t be going away but most of it with few steps and various ways. A genuine Leather shoe takes a lot of maintenance. So it is better to always find perfect fitting shoes. Let’s talk about the various ways to avoid shoes from creasing.
- Avoid Water
Leather shoes don’t like to be handled in water. Try to avoid water as much as the person can. At least try not to get it into the water for the first few outings. The chances of having crease will increase if the shoes come in contact with water.
- The first thing that will happen after getting into contact with water is, it starts getting losing its color.
- Already the shoes will get crease due to the bending movement of the toes and above that, if the person wearing the shoes will get it in contact with water, eventually the shoes will be filled with crease and the person won’t like it wearing it anymore.
- Try Using a Shoe Horn
A shoe horn is basically an inner shoe shaped plastic mold that has to be inserted in the shoes to avoid creasing. It is very effective and decreases the chances of internal wear and tear. The best thing about the shoe horn is, it is really easy to use and it doesn’t cost much.
- A modern shoehorn can be folded and can be easy to carry it anywhere.
- As it is plastic, it can last a really long time.
- Try to Keep More than a Pair of Shoe
Yes, shoes do take a lot of space but it is recommended to keep more than one pair of shoes. It will help each shoe to last really long due to less usage. Try to wear every pair of shoes alternatively. This will make the shoe crease free.
- Due to regular usage of the same shoes, the moisture from the feet can cause the leather to start creasing and sometimes fungus starts developing on the shoes.
- As the person will have more than a pair, they can take care of all the shoes and chances of the shoes getting creased will decrease.
- Insert a Rolled up Socks
A clean rolled up socks can even be used to keep the shoes away from creasing. This can be done by rolling a pair of socks and pushing each rolled up sock in each shoe. Push it inside do avoid creasing of the shoes.
- Try to keep a thick pair of socks as they will cover the insides properly.
- It is better to not wear the pair of socks that the person used to decrease the shoes. Use it and clean it.
- Use Leather Oil
To remove all the wrinkles from the shoes, it is always preferred to use the best oil for the shoes. It will all the time help the shoes from any kind of damage. As it is inexpensive, anyone can buy it and use it on any kind of leather shoes.
- The person can buy various shoe oil like mink oil, any customized shoe oil, and even neatsfoot oil.
- Apply it properly and don’t apply too much. It will ruin the look of the shoes.
- Use Blow Dryer
In the above process where we apply oil on the shoes, it needs to be hardened to an extent where the crease goes away. To do that it is preferred to bow the shoes with hot air. This will decrease the shoes immediately and it will look as good as new.
- Do not apply too much heat as it can de color the shoes. Observe and use the blow dryer until it is needed.
- If the leather is light, it is not recommended to apply hot air for a long amount of time.
- Toe Taps for Pointy Shoes
When a pointy shoe hits some object and makes the front end shaped uneven and creased, it doesn’t look good. To prevent that from happening, a toe tap can be applied. It is a small piece of metal that is installed right below the tip of the shoe.
- They help to prevent any damage to the sole and the upper tip of the shoe.
- It can be installed by nailing it to the sole. It is better to get it done by a cobbler.
- Application of Water Repellent
Water repellent solutions can help the shoe to get wet with water or any kind of liquid. Shoes get moist while we wear it due to moisture. Water can surely increase the chances to get more creasing. The solution is cheap and is easily available. Do remember that it needs to be applied the moment a new pair of shoes is bought.
- There are various kinds of water repellent solution for various kinds of shoes. Choose it according to the preference.
- Reapply it after a year or thirteen months.
- It is not important that water repellent will make the shoes waterproof. Try to avoid water as much as possible.
- Use Leather Conditioner
To keep the shoes shiny and crease free, always condition the shoes with a good leather container. This will prevent the shoes to have creased even after it bents too much. Climate is the main factor that increases the chances of a permanent crease. Conditioner can be applied through a spray or applying it with a shoe brush.
- Try to apply the conditioner in every two to five months. It can be applied more frequently, depending on the weather condition. More moisture in the air means more frequently the shoes need to be conditioned.
- The conditioner is just like lotion. Do not put a lot of it as it will result in leather tearing which will result in splitting the shoes into two.
- Do use Water for Sneakers
If you own a pair of sneakers like Nike Air, you can use water a towel, some paper, and iron to uncrease your shoes. It won’t be as good as new, but very much the same.
- Get a pair of towels, clean ones if you have, but small. Or, just use one shoe at a time.
- Get some paper and fold them properly to insert into the shoes. This is something you have done above.
- Spray water on the sneakers/towel, mildly. Soak them for a while and then gently iron it out over the towel.
- Try to keep dress shoes. It will maintain the structure of the shoes.
- Massage the area where the creasing is happening.
Always prefer to maintain the shoes by a professional cobbler.
How do you take creases out of shoes?
How do you get rid of creases?
How do you Uncrease shoes without heat?
- Take a spray bottle and fill it with a reasonable amount of water and rubbing alcohol.
- Spray this mixture on the creases, then gently massage it on the shoes.
- You can also decide to spray the mixture inside your shoes before wearing them or fitting them with a shoe tree. It’s an alternative method.
How do you get wrinkles out of shoes without an iron?
Can you Uncrease Air Force Ones?
How do I keep my shoes from creasing when I walk?
- Walk properly. To prevent your shoes from creasing, you have to walk properly.
- Have a perfect fit. As much as possible, avoid too much space between your feet and shoe upper material.
- Avoid using shoes often.
- Try using a shoehorn.
- Tighten up your shoelaces properly.