No matter you are selling goods online through your website or through internet marketplaces like eBay, Amazon, etc., you need to be prepared to accept payments through all kinds of sources. If you are wondering as to how you can receive payments from your customers through PayPal, then the following are the steps involved in getting the money.
Getting Payments Through E-Mail
One of the easiest and the most used way to receive payments through PayPal is by using e-mail. You need to create a personal account on PayPal and thereby you give the permission to link your email account with the PayPal service. This is one way you can receive the money for the goods and the services that you sell to your customers online.
- The customer who buys goods from you will go to the PayPal website and choose the Send Money option from the menu.
- Once they sign in to their PayPal account using their email lid and the password, they can send the money to your email address by typing your email address in the send option.
- The customer can either make use of his credit card or bank account to transfer the money to your PayPal account.
- Once the payment is done, you receive an email from PayPal about the transaction.
- You can now visit the PayPal website and log into your account. Once you find that money in your PayPal account, you can transfer it into your savings or checking account.
Receiving payments Through a Website
PayPal is one trusted online payment source you can rely on as it has the highest market share and is used by millions all over the world. If you are doing business through your website and not through third-party selling apps, then you have the option of opening a PayPal business account. You have the option to set up a new business account on the PayPal website. You can choose to one a premier account or a business account depending on whether you are individually selling the items or whether a company is selling the items.
- After you have successfully opened your business account, PayPal will allow you to link certain buttons that ties up with the products you want to sell.
- You will need to enter the price of the item and also give it a code to place it on your business website.
- The customer who opts for a certain product just needs to click on the button to give them the option to pay for the item through their credit card or cash.
- Once you get an intimation of the payment in your PayPal account, you can transfer it to your checking or business account through your PayPal account.
It is very important that you go through the terms and conditions of the PayPal agreement carefully as there might be some fees that it would charge for the transactions and the type of business you are doing. Another option to receive payments through PayPal is to accept donations.