Knowing how to reset your Whirlpool Cabrio washer becomes useful when the appliance is not operating the way it should. An unbalanced load is a common culprit of requiring a restart. Check the procedure below:
- Turn off the power switch to the Whirlpool Cabrio Washing Machine for 30 seconds or unplug it from the socket.
- Set the standard mode of the mode selector dial.
- After that, turn the dial once to the left, three times to the right, a single counterclockwise turn, and turn it one more time to the right.
- Turn your Cabrio Washer on.
- Make sure the lights on the various washing cycles are on and working.
- Click the Start/Stop key just once.
- Turn the mode selector up, and the “Rinse,” “Wash,” and “Stop” lights will come on.
- Disconnect the washer and wait 10 seconds before reconnecting it. Make sure the control knob on the front of the Cabrio machine is not set to the final spin cycle. It may be in any other position.
- Switch the machine off and disconnect it from power for about 10 seconds. If you had unplugged it, plug the device into the socket again. The device would start successfully if the reset process were complete
To determine if the reset was successful, try running an empty load on the washer. If that fails to work, repeat the reset procedure.
How to Reset Whirlpool Cabrio Washer Touchscreen
Whirlpool’s Cabrio washing machine is one of the most popular brands that has received many sales in the United States. However, just like any other washing machine, you may never know when things will go wrong, and you will need a reset procedure.
Here are a few steps to follow when resetting the screen of your Whirlpool Cabrio Washer.
- Touch any of the keys displayed on the screen to clear the error code. You can also press the pause or cancel button, if applicable.
- Select a new cycle and click on the Start button to start.
- If you see the error code again, you can unplug the washing machine from the power supply.
- Let it stand for about 15 to 30 seconds before turning it on again.
- Select a new cycle and click the Start key.
- Empty the washing machine and run a test wash to ensure that the reset procedure has been performed correctly.
- If you still get an error, repeat the process until you return to regular operation.
Whirlpool Cabrio Washer Lid Lock Flashing
When a Whirlpool Cabrio Washer develops a problem, it stops working, and the lid lock light starts to flash nonstop until you fix the problem. Below are some tips to help you navigate through when the need arises.
- Make sure that the lid lock and lid-opening device are clean, as lint and detergent can cause the switch to close and the light to flash.
- Ensure that the lid lock and lid plug are aligned and secure, as they can come loose after years of vibration and hitting the washing machine lid.
- Ensure the lid lock and lid plug are in contact when the washer lid is closed. Otherwise, the lid lock light will flash.
- Check the connection between the lid switch and the main control assembly’s wiring harness, which may be loose, or the wiring harness may be damaged.
- For all controls, make sure the cover switches are working correctly (mechanical and electrical) and replace them if necessary.
- Check the actuator’s motor for broken or loose wiring (or Vertical Modular Washer if the washer is a VMW).
If you don’t feel comfortable working on your appliances, have an excellent local repair contractor take a look, diagnose, and repair estimate. Good luck with that.
How do I reset my Whirlpool Cabrio Top load washer?
Is there a reset button on a Whirlpool Cabrio washer?
How do you reset a Whirlpool washing machine?
How do you run a diagnostic on a Whirlpool Cabrio washer?
How do you troubleshoot a Whirlpool Cabrio washer?
Why won’t my Cabrio washer fill with water?
How do you fix a Whirlpool washer that won’t fill with water?
Why is my Cabrio washer not spinning?
How do you fix a washer that won’t fill with water?
Why is there no water going to my washing machine?
Can you manually fill a washing machine?
How do I reset my washing machine?
Does unplugging a washer reset it?
How do you reset a Maytag washer?
- Press the “Power/Cancel” button.
- Push the appropriate button to choose a new cycle.
- Press “Start/Pause.” You have now reset your Maytag washer.
Why is my Maytag washer not spinning?
Why is my Maytag washer not starting?
How do you run a diagnostic test on a Maytag washer?
Does a Maytag washer have a reset button?
Ads by Google