LinkedIn is an employment-oriented and business service, operates via mobile apps and websites.
It allows a person to search for a job of his or her interest within a few secondsThe following points will help you search for remote jobs on LinkedIn.
Create a LinkedIn Profile
If you are about to search a remote job on LinkedIn – https://www.linkedin.com/, you first will need to have a LinkedIn profile or account. Without having a registered profile or account on LinkedIn, you cannot initiate the job search. If you do not have a LinkedIn profile, follow the steps to create the one.
- Open the ‘Official Website’ of the LinkedIn page and go to the ‘Sign-In’ page.
- Click ‘Create an Account’. It will open a window. Enter your personal information such as your ‘First Name’, ‘Last Name’, ‘Email’, and ‘Password’. After entering all these details, click ‘Join Now’ button.
- You have to specify your country name. If you click the ‘Country’ box, you will get a drop-down list that includes countries names. You have to choose your country name from the list. Enter the zip code of your country in the given box, and then click ‘Next’.
- Mention whether or not you are a student. If you are currently working, you can specify your company name, designation and industry and then tap ‘Next’.
- Now, personalize your LinkedIn profile. You have to verify your email address for this process. You will get many personalization options in a drop-down list. If you are finding a job, you can click ‘Finding a Job’. If you want to build your network, click ‘Building My Professional Network’. If you have just now created an account, click ‘Not Sure, I am Open Now’.
- Open your email ID and open the email from LinkedIn. You can check the spam folder if you did not receive any mail from the LinkedIn on your inbox.
- Verify your credentials on the LinkedIn page and click ‘Continue’. Import your contacts if you want to do so.
- Add your photo if need be. Follow communities or groups if you want to.
Conduct a Job Search
If you are searching for remote jobs on LinkedIn, you have to set up your LinkedIn profile to find jobs of your interest. When finding a job through LinkedIn, the recruiters will look at your profile. Make sure to keep your LinkedIn profile interesting and sharp.
- Open your LinkedIn profile and click the ‘Jobs’ button. You have to make an effort to find the jobs. Do not wait until the jobs find you.
- You have to begin your job search. Rather than searching the jobs in a random fashion, search the jobs by including some keywords like find remote jobs, work from home, home-based jobs, and more. Including such keywords will help you find a job you are looking for.
- You can view the details of a job by clicking on the job title. If you are interested in the job, click ‘Easy Apply’ button at the top.
- For some jobs, you will have ‘Apply’ button instead of easy apply. In those cases, you will be navigated to the company’s official website or job board to continue your application process.
- Now, you have to complete the online job application form with all your necessary details including your contact number, email ID, resume, job preferences, work experience, and more. The required details may vary from one job to another job.
- Check your application form to check whether all the details are entered correct.
- Click ‘Submit’ to submit your job application form.
Join and Follow Groups on LinkedIn
If you want to get more exposure in your job search, then you need to stay connected with other companies and groups on LinkedIn. If you join groups that are relevant to the job you are looking for, then you are able to get more insights about the job and vacancies for the job. This is why you are asked to join groups.
- Open the LinkedIn page and ‘Sign-In’ with your credentials. Click on the ‘Search’ bar at the top of the LinkedIn’s home page. Type a ‘Keyword’ on the search bar and press ‘Enter’ to get results for your search.
- From the results, you can click any group. View the details of the group. The details will let you know how many members are there in the group, what the group is all about and more. These things will help you decide that whether joining the group will help you find the job or not.
- The groups may provide you direct links about the job leads and vacancies. You can use those to find the job you wanted to.
- Click ‘More’ to view more search results for your search. Take time to find a group rather than joining the group that comes first on your search or in a random fashion.
- If you want to join a particular group, tap ‘Join’ or ‘Request to Join’. If need be, you can join recommended groups by clicking ‘Work’ button and groups. Scroll down to trusted or recommended groups and join the groups.
Using the exact keyword for your job search will help you find a relevant job that matches your skills and requirements. You can customize your keywords according to the search results you get.