- Use of Filters in Snapchat
- Find Out the Filter Styles
- Accessing Facial Filters on Snapchat
- Accessing and Applying Facial Filters
- Selecting a Facial Filter and Adding it
- Different Types of Facial Filters on Snapchat
- Find More Lenses or Filters
- Create Your Own Filter on Snapchat
- Access the World Lenses on Snapchat
- Accessing Hidden and Special Filters
Filters are used everywhere now, from making your coffee to social media stories on Instagram and Snapchat.
These filters make your posts engaging, moody or outright ugly, as you choose the type of filterThere are several packs and you can buy some of them tooHere is a list of 10 steps that you can read to learn more about how to use them and make them more accessible?
Use of Filters in Snapchat
This app was introduced back in 2015 and has now grown to be one of the biggest in the market. It had introduced filters in 2015 and referred to them as lenses.
- These were introduced like “Spectacles” and “Foreshadowing” objects with your image.
- This changes the mode and looks of your pictures as of earlier version, but later modified them drastically.
- For example, adding objects like hats to heads and goggles to faces and Santa-Claus caps in Christmas.
Find Out the Filter Styles
Before you can use Snapchat filters you have to find out the ways to access them. There are dozens of filters that are added regularly and increasing fast.
- The filters that were popular yesterday are old news today and ran through the 24-hour cycle.
- There are face filters which can be accessed through either side of the camera.
- There are geo-filters that are dedicated to location.
- These two can be accessed even in combination and applied to your post.
- Some filters communicate where you are and what you are doing.
Accessing Facial Filters on Snapchat
This article shows that they had been calling them lenses initially and divided into facial lenses and world lenses.
- The facial lenses or filters can turn you and your friends, wherever a face is recognized into something new.
- These facial filters are accessible through both front and rear cameras, but open with the back-firing one by default.
- For taking a selfie, you have to double-tap on the screen and it rotates to the front cam.
- You can also switch between the two cameras using the camera icon on the top right corner of the screen.
Accessing and Applying Facial Filters
Now that you can turn the cameras properly, you have to know how to access your facial filters and how to use them? This is more important.
- To get the facial filters, as mentioned above, you have to have a face in the camera.
- You have to hold and press on the part of the screen where you have faces, and Snachat will attempt to recognize them.
- When you or your friends face appears in the camera and is recognized, the facial filters feature will appear at the bottom of the screen.
- It is horizontally placed and has all the options you have been given.
Selecting a Facial Filter and Adding it
When you can see the facial filters horizontally placed at the bottom part of the screen, you can rotate among them and see the changes in real-time.
- The filters will change fairly fast and regularly, such that filters you saw two days back are no more there.
- Also, these filters are interactive meaning that they move along with the image and do fun stuff.
- Then, you press on a filter, and you will see it applied instantly.
- Then, you can save it and send to someone as a GIF.
Different Types of Facial Filters on Snapchat
Some of the famous filters that you might have seen everywhere were created using Snapchat. This was a wonderful and innovative concept and youngsters love it.
- The basic filters were putting sunglasses and a top hat on people’s head and move along with it.
- There are filters that can make you look older and even younger.
- There are filters that can add animal ears like rabbit, donkey, or making your ears bigger or mouth smaller and so on.
- These are all interactive in most sense and innovative.
Find More Lenses or Filters
About accessing filters that you will love, Snapchat introduces something called the “Lens Explorer”. Here you can find more about that.
- There are thousands of lenses that are built by Snapchat.
- You just have to press/tap on the “Smiley” icon to trigger this explorer feature and your lens carousal appears.
- You are allowed to add lenses from this for 24 hours to your bucket and use them later.
- And you can also use “Block Lens Creator” to block unwanted lens or filters from appearing in your carousal.
Create Your Own Filter on Snapchat
There is an innovative feature called Lens Studio that allows you to make your own filters as you like it. This is the official link – https://lensstudio.snapchat.com/ that shows you the power of the studio.
- Anyone can be a lens creator as the title says; meaning that with little you can do a lot.
- You can import your artwork from 2D or 3D programs like design software and get it inside “Lens Studio”.
- You can give them life, add movements and do more fun.
- Finally, you can publish them to the community and get a unique Snapcode and “Lens Link” which you can share with anyone.
Access the World Lenses on Snapchat
Another way to access lense is through “World Lenses”, which is a way to reimagine everything around you and bring different characters to life.
- In order to access a Wolrd Lens or filters, you have to first switch to the rear-facing camera.
- Then, tapping on the background will launch the lenses gallery available to you.
- Just keep swiping to choose a lens and you are good to go.
- Tap the button or just press and hold, and a snap will be taken and saved.
Accessing Hidden and Special Filters
Learn more about this look for Snapcode’s official link – https://support.snapchat.com/en-US/a/about-snapcode-lenses.
- Whenever you see a circle with a Snapcode in the center, there is a special hidden lens for you.
- You just have to open the app and point to a Snapcide to apply it.
- These can be Face Filters or World filters, meaning you can apply more than one filter together, e.g. a facial followed by “geo-filter.bb”.
- You can even share this Snapcode with your friends using the link.
- You can share the filters you had created in “Lens Studio” using the Snapcode too.
- There are several types of interactive Snapchat filters that change regularly.
- Keep updated and make your own filters if you like with “Lens Studio”.
You can share lenses and apply multiple of them at the same time.