Google Voice is a telephone-based service that provides services to its customers like call forwarding, texting, voicemail among other things. Here’s how you can activate it.
How to Activate Google Voice on Android?
With Google Voice, you will get a free phone number that you can use for calling, texting and for voicemail services.
- Using the apps on the smartphone, you can link your Google Voice number with another mobile or landline number.
- If you haven’t done it out of curiosity yet, download the Google Voice app from the Play Store on your Android device.
- Next, ‘Sign-In’ into your Google account from the voice app and follow the onscreen instructions to continue further.
- Search by your area code for a number. In case you can’t find any available, look for areas close to yours.
- Select the number you want and then follow the onscreen instructions to complete the setup process.
How to Activate Google Voice Assistant?
Before you go ahead with setting up the Google Assistant on your device, remember that the assistant has certain hardware and software requirements.
- Make sure that you are using Android 5.0 or higher and have more than 1GB of RAM in your device.
- For setting things up, tap and hold the ‘Home’ button of your device or you can say ‘’OK Google’ clearly in a relatively silent surrounding.
- In other fancy devices, we also have the option to squeeze the phone to start up the assistant. You will also have to train the assistant to recognize your voice.
- Now, ask questions to the Google Assistant (https://assistant.google.com/#?modal_active=none) you want answers to, in text or speech, or assign it a task that it can actually perform, like making a call or keeping a note and so on.
- Tapping on the settings option can help you customize the assistant’s voice, language, and other things.
How to Activate Google Voice Search?
You can use your voice to use Google Assistant’s voice search feature. The assistant will only recognize your voice, or in some cases, voices that are very similar to yours calling the assistant.
- Go to the ‘Google’ app on your Android device and go to the ‘Settings’.
- In the settings, under ‘Okay Google’, tap on voice match to help your assistant recognize your voice for future reference.
- To make any search, just say ‘OK Google’ or ‘Hey Google’ and proceed with your query or instruction. You could also click on the ‘Microphone’ icon in case it fails to recognize your voice.
- Google Voice could be a revolutionary alternative to traditional phone calls. Make use of modern technology and keep experimenting.
Google Assistant is only a first step towards the whole Artificial Intelligence development. To keep up with the time, you should be making use of such features to the fullest.
How do I activate voice activation?
- Open your device’s Settings app .
- Tap Accessibility, then tap Voice Access.
- Tap Use Voice Access.
- Start Voice Access in one of these ways:
- Say a command, such as “Open Gmail.” Learn more Voice Access commands.
Why is my Google Voice not working?
Is Google Voice free for personal use?
Why is Google Voice not giving me a number?
Ads by Google