- Create a Gmail Account
- Google Maps
- New Custom Map
- Add Location to Google Maps
- Customize Your Route
- Utilization of Maps
- Add Destinations
- Google Maps App
- Navigation with You Custom Map
- Addition of Multiple Destinations Using Google Maps Website
Google Maps is the most useful tool used these days.
It allows users to locate help in driving and help to find friends who have shared their locationThis helps various users to find business stores and addresses in a known or unknown cityThis also has provided a platform for the business websiteIt will help you to reach your destination with no time.
Create a Gmail Account
You will be in need of a Gmail account if you want to go further with the procedure. You should follow certain steps to create your Gmail account.
- You need to open Gmail or Google account first.
- You will see “Sign-In” option on the top right corner; you need to click on that first.
- If you have your Gmail account with you already, log in with your account, if not you will see the ‘Create a New Account option’.
- Tap on the ‘Create a New Account’ option and then a new page will be opened where you would have to fill all the information required.
- If your required Gmail ID is already taken it will prompt to the try again.
Google Maps – https://support.google.com/maps/answer/144339?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en’ will solve various problem attached to the destination finding issues.
- You can use ‘Google My Maps’ to create a detailed idea about the maps.
- The best part is that you can switch on your Google Maps as soon as you hit the road.
- You have to Sign-In your account first if you have not to log in your Gmail account first.
- As you Sign in your Google account, all the data you are searching for will be stored in your account for future reference.
Sign in to Your Google Account
This is the crucial process that you have to follow if you already have your Google account. As you open Google ‘My Maps’, you will see 2 options on the top right corner of the display; Sign-In and Sign-Up.
- In case you have your account created before, you need to sign in to your account.
- Click on the ‘Sign-In’ option and a new window might open where it will ask 2 things.
- You need to enter your email ID and Password to log in to your ‘Google Account’.
- In case you have forgotten your password, you can apply for ‘Forgot Your Password?’
- You need to answer some personal questions or a newly created password will be sent to your attached mobile no. and to the alternate email ID.
New Custom Map
If you have planned a big trip where you to drive as well with several stops; then there are some tips for you:
- This is quite useful when you have several destinations which you have to cover in along the way.
- The easiest process is to add destination as you reach your first destination then your second destination and so on.
- Adding destination like this might be time-consuming so instead of adding destination separately, you can customize your route as you want it to be.
- In that case, you can create a new map with all your destinations mentioned on it.
- You will see a ‘Create a New Map’ option on the top left corner of the screen where you will different features on it like map builder and a search field.
Naming Your Destinations
To easier depiction of your destination, it will be great if you name your destination according to your need.
- This is an optional feature but you can use this to give a name and description to your destination.
- This will help you to have some recognizable data displayed.
- As you have successfully created your custom map, you can share this map with your trip partners so that they can be familiar with the destinations.
Add Location to Google Maps
You need to go for the Google Maps on your computer or mobile app first to search for your current location in the search field and then Google Maps will provide you with that location with a pinned marked on the map.
- You should make sure that your marked location is correct. You can zoom in or out using a zoom button and look for your location closely.
- As you keep the location on, this will bring up a pop up where you can find the Embed a Map Tab. You need to switch to that tab.
- In embed a map tab; you will see an HTML link to your searched location on the map.
- Like this, you can share your current location according to your choice.
- There are various apps which are directly coordination with Google Maps and provide direct sharing your live and current location to your friend or family.
Add Your Location and Destination
As you have entered your current location in the search field and press Enter. You will start popping up on Google Maps.
- You need to look for you over Google Maps then click on ‘Add to Map’.
- You will have to repeat a similar process to all your destinations
- As you will notice that pins will be added to the map as you keep adding your location in the map builder.
Directions to Your Destination
As you enter your current location and your current location will be pinned as red on the map you need to enter the details of your destinations. You need to plan your destinations first of all.
- You need to map out your destinations-like from point A to point B to Point C to Point D and so on.
- Name your destination to a better understanding for yourself. You need to name your first destination after you have started your trip.
- This will open up a pop-up box over the location with various kinds of buttons at the bottom.
- You need to click on the arrow button to get your directions. Then you need to add new layers to build a map with point A, point B, point C, point D and so on.
- You need to add your starting location as well so the map can generate a route to your final destination.
Customize Your Route
It happens several times that you have to make changes in your plans because of several friends or family or other issues.
- In that case, you have to customize your route to your final destination.
- You can change your final destination as well but you have to enter all the details again accordingly.
- You have to plan your multiple destinations or stops until you reach your final destination.
Utilization of Maps
Maps are there to provide us with the simplest and fastest route to make our trip more comfortable. In “My Maps”, you can easily detect the fastest route available from one point of location to another point of location.
- It various from various forms of vehicles you are going to use for your trip.
- As there are several options that you can use like via buses, via Trains, via Walk, via two-wheelers, via cab or your car.
- There might be a different route for a different way of vehicle used.
- Instead of vehicle used only, it also provides you with the best way you can use and if you want, you can compare your different routes.
- Mostly my maps prefer major highways where there are fewer chances of traffic.
Change in Destination
In case you have to change your destination because of any reason. You need to keep that in mind that Google Maps will not care.
- Google Maps will try to find out the fastest route possible to your final destination.
- In case your destination is changed along the way, you need to add this to the map as well.
- You can look at the map and click on the add description option in the ‘Direction Layer’ that you have created.
- This will affect your starting point and your destination points.
- You will have to add the 2nd place of destination. This will help the passenger to navigate the map.
Mentioning Your Remaining Destination
You can mention your remaining destination even after starting your trip or before.
- You need to fill up all the description about your destinations that you want to visit.
- As you click on the ‘Get Directions’, you should enter the details of the previous destination in the field.
- If you are going for point C then to map the route your starting location should be Point B.
- And there will be several suggested options as well from the drop-down menu.
- It does not matter much as how you are making your map of your destinations but how much you repeat your last destination.
This is all about Google my maps layers. As every time you add any new direction, a kind of new layer is being created.
- There is a limit that you have to follow as you can create only up to 10 layers. You need to go for another mapping if you have more than 10 destinations.
- As you have to deal with your layer limit’s situation, you need to click on the ‘Add Destination’ option in any existing layer to simple addition.
- You need to enter the destination to your existing route first.
- You can find more information regarding the layers being used.
- There are certain destinations you want to add which you can add like you did add your first destination.
Google Maps App
You can access to new custom map from Google Maps app.
- In the case of destinations, you need to enter the details and plot them on the map.
- It is necessary that you plot your destination in the correct order with the directions for their routes.
- You can access this in the Google Maps app on your mobile device.
Using of Google Maps App
You can use the Google Maps app to fulfill your navigation.
- You need to open your Google Maps app. Then you need to click on the menu which will be present on the right side of the search field.
- You will see menu slides from the left side.
- You will find your place and then select your places.
- In case you are logged in to your Google account, there will be a list of where you visited in sequence.
- You can find your destinations as your past labeled favorite places or might be previously saved places to your Google Map account.
Navigation with You Custom Map
As you have filled all the information before, you will see navigation options from your starting point to point A to point B to point C to point D and so on.
- You need to open your Google Maps app first then set up all the details of the destinations.
- You will see you map turn-by-turn navigation.
- As you click on the 2nd destination point then a map will show the fastest way to the destination point.
- As you have selected your destination, you can click on the ‘Blue Car Icon’ which will be present in the bottom right corner, to begin with, your route.
Addition of Destination on Google Maps App
As you have selected your destination, you can select the start button to navigate you to your destination point.
- You need to enter your starting location fist as usual. In case you do not enter any starting location, it will take your current location.
- You can drag the pinpoint on the map to correctly pin your location.
- Below your starting location box, there will be a box which will be mentioning choose a destination.
- You can simply type your first destination. As soon as you select your first destination, you can zoom in or out of your pinned place.
- You can choose your method of reaching your destination like by driving or walking.
Addition of Stops on Google Maps App
As you have entered all the details of your destination on Google Maps app and chosen your method of traveling.
- You need to click on 3 horizontal dotted buttons on the upper right corner of the app.
- By clicking to this button will start showing you, your starting location and your destination and the route also.
- Instead of all this things, you will see an option ‘Add a Stop’. As you enter the details of your stop, it will add a new line underneath the first destination.
- You can choose for your second destination by tapping on chooses on the map to pin the place or you can simply search for another location.
Addition of Destination Using Google Maps Website
You need to visit the Google Maps website on your computer first. This will allow to create a map with up to 9 additional destinations only.
- You need to click on the direction button which will be on the right side of the search box.
- By clicking this option, you will see a sidebar which will allow you to enter your starting location and your first destination.
- You need to select your mode of transportation first so Google Maps can provide the best convenient way to reach your first destination.
- You enter your starting location first like some address or a business or a landmark etc.
- You can simply click on my location as well if you want to look from your current location.
Addition of Multiple Destinations Using Google Maps Website
As you have entered your first destination in the choose destination box, you need to go for the addition of stops in your trip or different destinations.
- You can click on the direction of your destination first, then you will see a “+” sign below your first destination box.
- You need to add your new destination in your add destination box.
- You might have to choose ‘Route Options’ as well.
- Thus, you can choose your 2nd destination and more. And you can reorder them by dragging the dots next to each destination.
- You can use the lite mode of maps in case of low internet connection but then you would not be able to drag to change your routes.
- You can choose the long path in case there is no traffic by clicking on that road.
You cannot go for multiple destination features for transit or airplanes.