LinkedIn is a good platform for people to interact on a professional level. It connects prospective employers and employees and allows people to build professional networks. In order to build a meaningful network, you should fill the interest section of your profile properly.
How to Add Interests on LinkedIn Profile?
Interests may be under the additional information section of your LinkedIn profile, but they are extremely relevant to anyone who looks at your profile.
- Open LinkedIn and then open your personal profile page.
- Tap the ‘Additional Information’ section that appears on the top section of your profile.
- Scroll down until you see the ‘Interests’ section and then tap on ‘Add Interests’.
- The ‘Pencil’ icon represents the edit option so click on that and start filling in all the relevant fields.
How to Support Interests Listed on LinkedIn Profile?
Listing interests is only the first step; you should elucidate your interests using other sections like achievements or interests. You can even use your statuses to further promote your interests.
- It is difficult for a prospective employer to blindly believe anything written on the internet so you should take some steps to reinforce your interests.
- Share status updates pertaining to your interests and ensures that you interact with people related to your fields of interests.
- Share posts that are relevant to your interests and try to leave meaningful comments under such posts.
- Try to get an online certification for some of your interests or participate in contests related to them.
- Make sure you update your interests, awards, achievements, and certifications on a regular basis.
Advantages of Filling in the Interest Section on LinkedIn
Many people disregard the additional information section of the LinkedIn profile (https://www.linkedin.com/). This is a grave mistake as this section allows people to assess you beyond your academic qualifications and professional experience.
- A well filled out Interests section allows prospective employers to assess your exposure and your enterprising nature.
- It is the interests section that people look at to judge the proactive nature of an individual.
- This section allows you to paint a picture of which you really are outside your workplace and how you prefer to spend your time.
- The interests section gives a good additional boost to your profile and gives you an edge over someone with similar qualifications.
- Make sure that you fill genuine interests which can be backed up with facts and incidents in case you are asked about them.
- Remember to be genuine as this section is not about impressing your prospective employer, but about who you are and how you like spending your time.
This section is a clean slate which you can fill up as you please in order to give people a window into you.
Why can’t I add interests on LinkedIn?
How do you add or remove interests on LinkedIn?
- Navigate to the profile of the member whose interests you’d like to view.
- Scroll down to the Interests section at the bottom of the member’s profile.
- Click See more.
- Click the Add icon next to an interest to follow it.
How do I add interests to my LinkedIn profile on Youtube?
What are interests on LinkedIn?
Should you put hobbies on LinkedIn?
What should your LinkedIn headline be?
What is a catchy headline?
What is LinkedIn headline example?
place an emphasis on keywords. By default, LinkedIn creates your headline based on your current job title and company. For example: “Web Developer at Jobscan.” With 120 characters to work with, relying on the default LinkedIn headline is a wasted opportunity.
How do I make my LinkedIn headline stand out?
- Underline the opportunities you’re creating.
- Highlight your talents as a recruiter.
- Call out the promise of your company.
- Set the right tone for your audience.
- Show your personality.
What headline should I use on LinkedIn when unemployed?
Be focused on your goal, not your temporary unemployed status. For example, adding a Job Title similar to what you’d use for a Headline (“Sales Rep Pursuing Dealer Sales & Distribution Opportunities”) will help employers realize why you’re adding the job.
How do I add a killer to my LinkedIn summary?
How do I describe myself on LinkedIn?
- Make sure your profile picture makes a good impression.
- Go beyond the basics with your profile headline.
- Invest time in your LinkedIn profile summary, and write with candidates in mind.
- Write and share content that you are passionate about.
How do you get noticed on LinkedIn?
Do recruiters really use LinkedIn?
How many views of a LinkedIn post is good?
Ads by Google