If you want to add someone to Facebook Messenger, we will show you a few different options that you have.
All of these methods are very simple and straightforward, so you shouldn’t have much of a problem with themThey can help you connect with your friends and family quickly and easily.
Friends Who Are Already on Facebook
Chatting with friends who are already on Facebook via Messenger is very easy. All you have to do is open up Messenger and tap the “People” button, which is found at the bottom of the screen on the main menu. All of your Facebook friends are going to be listed in alphabetical order. And you have to do is tap the person’s name to start chatting with them.
Adding Non-Facebook Friends to Messenger
If you want to talk with someone on Messenger who is not currently a friend of yours on Facebook, you must follow a few basic steps.
- First you will need to find your username link by opening up Messenger and tapping your profile picture. When you do this, you will see your username link.
- Tap the “Share Link” open after tapping your username link. Choose the application that you want to use to share this link.
- As soon as the other person taps the username link you have sent them, the Messenger app will open with your information. They just need to select “Add on Messenger” to start talking with you.
Adding Contacts in Your Device’s Contacts
You also have the option of adding people you know who are in your device’s contacts list. You can simply sync Messenger with the contact list on your device.
- Open the Messenger app and tap the “People” button, which is located in the menu below.
- Tap the “Find Phone Contacts” option.
- Tap “Sync Contacts”, which will be on a list in a pop-up window that appears after you complete the previous step.
- If the app finds any new contacts, you can select “Contacts Found” to see who it just added to your Messenger contacts.
Adding People You Meet in-person
There is an easy way to add people on Facebook whom you have met with in person.
- Open up the Messenger app and tap your profile picture.
- On the next tab you will see your user code.
Instruct your friend to go to Messenger>People>Scan Code, and then have them hover their phone’s camera over the code to scan it.