Whenever we think of reaching a destination, there is a possibility that we are also thinking about taking a pause between the journeys. And one will always want to take a pause at a place which is good enough to take some rest. And this has been made a cake walk by Google Maps which offers you the feature to add stops on its app.
Using the Mobile App
Tap on the Blue Button
First of all, one has to set the destination in order to add stops between the starting point and the destination. So let’s set the location.
- You can find this blue button of direction in the right corner which is in the lower side.
- After clicking this button, it will initiate the Directions mode.
- Thereafter, it will prompt you for a beginning location (starting) and also the end destination.
Set Your Starting Location
By default, Google Maps – https://maps.google.com/ will use the current location of your device with the help of VPN. You can also enter any location by simply tapping on the “Your Location” entry and thereafter entering custom.
- If you want to place a pin on the Google map that you want to use as your beginning point you have to tap on “Choose on Map” option.
- By tapping it you can choose any location from where you want to begin your journey.
- Just Drag and then zoom the map properly underneath the pin in order to position it.
Tap the Tab of “Choose Destination”
Now, you have to enter your first destination. This is the destination which you will be arriving at first.
- You can just type the particular address, search for a place or business or else, you can just tap on “Choose on Map”.
- If you will tap on “Choose on Map”, then you will be able to pan as well as zooming in the map in order to place a pin for the destination.
Adding Multiple Stops
First of all, you have to make sure that you have selected either walking or driving because multiple destinations are by default not supported for rides or transit.
- Tap the button with 3 dots (⋮) which is in the upper right corner of the screen.
- This button will appear after you’re entering the starting location as well as the destination, and a route will be shown on the map.
- Now, tap the button “Add Stop” which will ultimately add an all-new line underneath the first destination.
- In case, you are unable to see this option, your smartphone may be very old in order to support this feature.
Enter the Other Destination
Once you have entered the first destination, now you can set up the 2nd destination and so on so forth.
- Just, enter the 2nd destination where you want to go.
- You can also search for a new address or location or else you can tap “Choose on the Map” in order to position a pin.
- You can simply add up to a total of 9 destinations. Whenever you will add a new destination, a new line of “Add Stop” will be visible underneath till 9.
Using the Websites of Google Maps
Open the Website
There are different ways to do a thing, so in case if you don’t have an app, you can also add more stops by simply opening the website of Google Maps.
- First of all, open the website on your personal computer.
- The site of Google Maps permits you to create any map with up to 9 extra destinations.
- Remember that you won’t be able to add more stops than 9 stops.
Click the Button of Directions
Now, you will be required to click the button of directions which is available on the immediate right side of that search box.
- This will gradually open up the sidebar and will also allow you to enter a beginning point as well as your 1st destination.
- Now, you will have to choose the mode of your transportation. Just use the buttons which are along the top of that sidebar in order to select by what you are going to travel.
- Keep in mind that you will be able to set multitude destinations for cycling, driving and walking.
- You cannot set more than one destination for airplanes or transit.
Enter Your Starting Location
This is the location from where you are going to start. You can type a landmark, address or even pick a spot on the map.
- Click option of “My Location” which is at the top of the search results to use the current location of your computer.
- Enter a starting point before you can actually add various destinations.
- Enter the 1st destination. Click the box of “Choose Destination” and thereafter enter some destination just like you entered your starting point.
Add Another Destination
Once you have added the first destination, you are all set to add multiple destinations as well.
- Click the button “+” to enter the 2nd destination.
- You will see your route getting adjusted so that you are taken to the 2nd destination after you have arrived at the first one.
Repeat to Add More Destinations
You can add more destinations in a similar fashion as elucidated above until you finish your trip. However, you can specify only one method of transportation for the whole trip.
- You can simply set up to a total of 10 locations, which will include the starting point.
- In case, your trip has more than 10 destinations, then you have to make multiple maps for that trip.
- The procedure for adding more than one destination is similar for both Android and iOS.
- If you want to send the map to your printer you can do it by simply clicking “Print” on your PC.