Usually, pop ups are a pest. They clog your screen and interfere with what you are trying to accomplish. But occasionally, you will need to allow pop ups in order for a certain webpage to function properly. Here is how to allow pop ups on an iPhone, iPad or Mac computer or laptop:
With an iPhone
- From your home screen, find the Settings icon and tap to open it. It will look like grey and black gears.
- In the Settings screen, tap on the Safari icon. It will appear in a list of all applications that require setting adjustments. You can find it easily by looking for the icon, which looks like a blue compass with a red and white direction needle.
- From the Safari screen, go to the General settings. This list will appear near the top of your screen.
- Find Block Pop Ups on the list, and switch the toggle so that it is no longer green. If it is green, you are enabling your pop up blocker. A white toggle means that the pop up blocker is off, and you will be able to allow pop ups.
With an iPad
- Open the home screen on your iPad and look for the Settings icon. It resembles a grey and black gear. Tap it to open the Settings menu.
- From the Settings menu, open the Safari option. It will appear on a list of applications on your iPad that require setting adjustments.You can easily find it by looking for the Safari icon, which looks like a blue compass with a red and white directional needle on it.
- Tap the Safari icon to open the settings for Safari. Under General Settings, which will be the list near the top of your screen, look for Block Pop Ups.
- Switch the toggle next to Block Pop Ups so that it is no longer green. A green toggle means that you have enabled your pop up blocker. To be sure that pop ups are allowed, the toggle will need to be white.
With a Mac
- From the toolbar in the top left corner of your screen, click Safari. This will open a drop down menu with options.
- Look for Preferences in that drop down menu.
- From the Preferences page, look for the Security button. It has an icon that looks like a padlock.
- From there, under the Web Content menu, make sure that Block Pop Ups is unchecked. If the box next to it has a check mark in it, your pop up blocker is enabled and your pop ups will be blocked. No check means that the blocker is off, allowing pop ups.
How do I turn off pop-up blocker in Safari?
- Open Safari.
- In the top left of the window, click Safari.
- Click Preferences in the drop-down menu.
- Click the Security tab found on the top row.
- Under Web content, uncheck Block pop–up windows.
How do I allow pop ups on safari iPhone?
How do I enable pop ups?
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- At the top right, click More. Settings.
- Under “Privacy and security,” click Site settings.
- Click Pop–ups and redirects.
- At the top, turn the setting to Allowed or Blocked.
How do I allow popups on Mac?
- Open Safari.
- Click Safari → Preferences.
- Select Websites at the top.
- Click Pop-up Windows on the left sidebar.
- Customize your pop-up preferences.
Why is Safari not blocking pop ups?
Make sure Safari security settings are turned on, particularly Block Pop–ups—for pop–up windows—and the Fraudulent Website Warning. On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, go to Settings > Safari and turn on Block Pop–ups and Fraudulent Website Warning.
How do I stop pop ups on my computer?
- On your Android device, open the Chrome app.
- Tap More > Settings.
- Tap Site settings, then Pop–ups and redirects.
- Turn Pop–ups and redirects on to allow pop–ups.
Why am I getting pop-ups on my laptop?
Are pop-ups dangerous?
How do I block pop up ads?
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Chrome app .
- To the right of the address bar, tap More. Settings.
- Tap Permissions. Pop–ups and redirects.
- Turn off Pop–ups and redirects.
Why do ads keep popping up on my phone?
Why am I getting so many pop up ads?
Can pop up ads cause virus?
How do I stop adware?
Is there an AdBlock for Safari?
What is the best ad blocker for Safari?
How do you get rid of ads on safari?
- Open Safari.
- In the Safari menu, select Preferences.
- In the Websites tab, click Pop-up Windows.
- If you have websites in the list, select all of them and click Remove.
- Set the option called When visiting other websites to Block and Notify.
Where is the AdBlock button on safari?
Open Safari > Preferences > Extensions and select the checkbox next to AdBlock Icon.