You might think that you are a great partner to your boyfriend. Nevertheless, there are always ways to be better. This can actually help to strengthen your relationship. It will make you the loving girlfriend. In fact, it can make your boyfriend to step up his game. Isn’t that an added benefit? To help you be a better girlfriend we are providing you with some tips.
- Appreciate Him
Who doesn’t like being appreciated! Everyone has a deep-seated desire of being acknowledged and appreciated for what they are providing. Same goes with your boyfriend.
- Let him know that the efforts that he is making are meaningful and that you are really happy with it.
- Tell him that you like the way he does something for you.
- Try to notice the intention behind his every action and appreciate him for that.
When you do this, it is going to make him feel like the ultimate winner and he is going to do everything in his power in order to keep you happy.
- Listen to What He has to Say
In order to be a better girlfriend, you will have to do to improve your listening power. If you ask him to repeat what he is saying quite often when he talks about his interest then you should work on your listening skills.
- You also have to pay attention to how your boyfriend is saying things to you. Try to understand his body language, facial expression, and tone. This way you will be able to understand him on a deeper level.
- When you start paying attention to what your boyfriend has to say, it is going to make him feel that he is important for you and what he has to say matters.
- Make Him Feel Special
Every girl likes being treated as the most special person by their boyfriend. However, what they fail to understand is that they need to treat their boyfriend in the same manner. If you have to be someone extraordinary for your boyfriend and stand apart in the crowd, you need to start making him feel special.
- Send him a cute and loving text at times.
- Buy him his favorite games or gadgets.
- Write him a love letter.
It is not necessary to spend a huge amount of money to do this. If you do something sweet once in a while then it is going to make him feel that he is lucky. Also, surprising him from time to time will improve your relationship.
- Do Him Favors
Think, when was the last time you cooked his favorite dish for him? Or got tickets to his favorite nicks games? Being better means you will have to go out of your way to make your boyfriend smile. When you do things that he likes, it will indirectly show that you have his back and you are trying to be the best girlfriend for him.
- Go out of your way to show that what he likes and dislikes is important for you.
- Get his favorite chocolate from a candy shop even if it means that it is far away from your work or home.
- These types of favors will make him feel that even during the times that you aren’t together, you keep thinking about him.
- Give Him Some Space
Some people find it difficult not to spend each and every moment with their boyfriend. However, he needs to have time for himself where he can go out with his friends and indulge in his favorite pastime.
- Respect his boundaries and keep in mind that your boyfriend needs time to pursue what he likes.
- Stop being upset when he decides to have a guy’s night or opt for an activity without you.
You need to understand that doing everything together doesn’t lead to a healthy relationship. You, as well as your boyfriend, have a life of your own while you are in the committed relationship.
- Stop Nagging
Believe it or not, nagging can be really irritating. It is just going to make your guy tune out and the relationship will not progress much further.
- Talk about things in a friendly manner.
- Discuss things which trouble you once and for all instead of nagging him all the time.
- Do not always look for errors and faults in your boyfriend, it is only going to make them angry.
If you really love him and do not want to lose him then you should support him and provide him with the energy that he needs. Nagging is just counterproductive and is going to make him resentful.
- Hang Out with His Friends
You have to understand that he had a life before you. During those times, the only companion that he had is his friends. These people have been with him in his good and bad times. If you have to create a robust foundation for your relationship then you have to nourish his relationship with his friends.
- Go out with him and his friends.
- Talk to his friends.
- Call them over for lunch, dinner, or to watch a match together.
In case you do not like a particular friend, you can give him a friendly suggestion. However, you shouldn’t overemphasize it as it might dent your relationship with him. Take your time to know his friends and always make it feel it was his idea to meet his friends.
- Be Supportive
One of the simplest ways to be a better girlfriend is to be supportive.
- You have to be the cheerleader for your man.
- If he feeling down due to his work, tell him everything is going to find.
- Show more interest in his triumphs and challenges.
- You might not realize but it will make him depend on you more. This, in turn, will strengthen your relationship.
- Don’t be Jealous
Are you a jealous girlfriend? Well, you should give up that feeling and trust in the fact and trust in the fact that your boyfriend is a great person that you take him to be.
- Do not constantly ask him who is hanging out with or where he is going.
- Avoid checking on him all the time. By doing this, you are showing that you do not trust him.
When you decide to take the word of your boyfriend and cut down your envious nature, you will be able to enjoy a great relationship. As a matter of fact, you will be able to have a strong relationship.
- Be Direct
In most of the cases, problems in a relationship arise because you expect your boyfriend to meet every need you have and then become grumpy when he fails to do so. You do not ask for it but just expect him to know.
- Stop dropping hints and try to be direct.
- Do not get frustrated when he doesn’t understand what you want because you haven’t told him clearly.
If you aren’t direct, you man might start feeling that he is not good enough and this can put a damper on the relationship. Eventually, he will be discouraged and is going to stop trying. Keep in mind that communication is the key to a good relationship.
- Be Yourself
Another great aspect to be the best girlfriend that he has ever had is to be yourself. If you are showing your true self and do not hide your feeling or the past that you had, you are actually being a better girlfriend.
- Do not be afraid to speak your mind.
- Voice your opinion when you feel it is necessary.
- Avoid holding back your desires and thoughts.
When you are true to him, you are actually bringing out the best in the relationship. You are being the kind of girlfriend your boyfriend deserves and wants to have.
- Quit Taking Him for Granted
You should always keep in mind that nothing is for granted, particularly not your boyfriend.
- Do not become lazy in the relationship.
- You should not stop paying attention to your boyfriend. Appreciate every little thing that made you fall in love with him in the first place.
- Do not stop caring about your looks when you go out with him.
You shouldn’t be one of those girls who take their relationship for granted. If need be, seduce him all over again. Do things with him as you used to at the beginning of the relationship.
- Do Not Try to Change Him
You shouldn’t be him if you have to change him. Why did you fall in love in the first place if you had to change him after all? You should love him the way he is.
- Don’t tell him that you do not like the way he dresses himself up.
- Avoid criticizing his occupation.
- Accept him for what he is.
- If you are willing to change a great deal about him and do not feel how he is then he might not be the one for you.
- Pay Attention to Your Looks
Of course, for your boyfriend, you are the most beautiful one. However, this doesn’t mean that you will stop paying attention to your looks. You make an effort to look clean and nice when your boyfriend is going to pay more attention to you.
- When you dress up, keep in mind what your man likes you to wear.
- If he likes your hair certain way then you should style your hair in that manner.
- It is not about looking physically attractive, it is about appreciating what he likes. Trust me, when you do this, it is going to improve his heart and mind.
- Cheer Him up When He Feels Low
Even when he tries to brush off his feeling and says that he is okay after being bothered about something, you have to assume that he is not really okay. You need to do something to cheer him up.
- Take him out for a movie.
- Order the food that he likes having.
- Plan out an outing with his friends.
- Take him on a weekend trip.
It is going to take a lot to cheer him up. Anything that makes him happy will do. You have to work your magic in order to make him laugh and smile. When you take extra care of him, it is going to make him at ease. He will be happy and it will help in getting rid of his bad mood.
- It is necessary to know what he needs and how you will be able to keep the relationship strong enough.
- Whatever you do, you shouldn’t ever be unfaithful to him. There is nothing that can hurt your relationship more than being unfaithful.
At the end of the day, the best way to be a better girlfriend is to be his best friend. There is nothing better than this.
How do I start being a better girlfriend?
- Change up your compliments.
- Be good to his friends.
- Let relationship be just for him.
- Dazzle him by dressing up for date night.
- Work surprises into your routine.
- Send him sexts.
- Be extra kind to his parents.
- Share in what he loves.
What should I do if I want a girlfriend?
- Stop trying to get a girlfriend. The first step to getting a girlfriend is to stop trying.
- Make her notice you.
- Get ready to approach her.
- Approach her with confidence.
- Give her a genuine compliment.
- Tease her.
- Focus on her for conversation.