Personal training is one of the fastest-growing businesses today. Personal training does not only help to promote a healthy lifestyle but as well as it remains a passionate career to work on. If you are someone that wants to become a personal trainer, then you need to possess some key skills and get certified. Without the certification, you would not be considered as a personal trainer.
The below-mentioned points will let you know about becoming a certified personal trainer.
- Decide Your Fitness Education
Of course, you need to check whether or not you possess certain requirements to become the certified personal trainer. You need to have certain educational qualifications and other skills to become a personal trainer.
- First is that you must be 18 years of age to become a personal trainer.
- You should have completed a high school diploma and GED education.
- You should have done a CPR Class for sure.
- Now, you should move onto choosing your formal education and certification. There are institutes that offer degrees in fitness education, exercising education, sports fitness education and more. It is you that has to choose any degree for your certification.
- You need to join a good and reputed institute to get your fitness certification. The institution where you are going to pursue your fitness education should be loyal, legal and certified.
- You can do a fitness education program either in your country or another country which depends on your financial crisis.
- Getting Your Certification
Once you have joined the fitness education program, then your duty is to study well and thoroughly to get certified as a personal trainer.
- You need to study hard and cover all the discussed topics in your fitness class. If it is needed to be, you should set up a study routine.
- You need to test yourself with respect to what portions you have studied previously. By testing yourself, you would come to know about your progress in your fitness education.
- As you all know, fitness education is not just about studying. Instead, it is about practicing the workouts, so you need to practice the workouts that are taught by your fitness staff.
- Some institutes will conduct the test at the end of the educational program. You need to take the test and get through the test to get your certification.
- Once you have got your fitness certification, you need to maintain the certification for annual re-testing as some programs require re-testing every year. You need to update your certification.
- Develop Your Training Regimen
Finishing your fitness education and getting certification does not mean that you are a personal trainer now. As of now, you have got the certification that is it to become a professional personal trainer, you need to develop your fitness regimen. That is, you need to train yourself and practice all the workouts.
- First of all, you need to develop your workout routine. You need to refresh all the workouts that you have learned in the class. Acknowledging and promoting these workouts will help you train yourself in those areas.
- Now, you need to find ways to specialize your fitness certification. Rather than being a general personal trainer, you need to be specialized in any area of fitness. You can join in further fitness classes such as weight lifting or weight management training or athletic training or strength training for specializing your skills.
- If it is needed to be, you can join as a floor trainer in any gym or fitness center. This will let you get the hang of the fitness and let you know how to handle clients to the point.
- Try Group Fitness and Personal Training
Not all personal trainers enjoy affording fitness training to an individual. There are personal trainers that want to offer fitness training to different people at the same time.
- You should try to offer personal training to a person to check whether or not you can offer precise and right fitness education and training to that person.
- If you are good at offering fitness training to a person, then you can reckon offering group training to a group of people. You should not straight away offer group training as it may at times put in the back seat.
- No matter, either you offer personal training or group training, but you need to develop a good rapport with the clients who you are teaching. Only then, clients want to train with you and feel comfortable training with you.
- Start Your Own Business
So, you are a certified personal trainer now and you are offering fitness training to some people. This means that you have the ability to start your own personal training business.
- Now, you can think about opening your own fitness center and offering specialized fitness training to the people.
- You need to plan well for starting the fitness business. In the beginning, it may seem challenging starting your own fitness business, but it will be productive and rewarding in the near future.
- You can get good and decent income as a personal trainer.
You should not do fitness training education in any institute in a random fashion. If you do, your fitness certification would not carry any value at all.
What personal trainer certificate is most respected?
How long does it take to become a certified trainer?
How do I become a certified fitness trainer?
- • Acquire the necessary skills. Getting into the fitness field is not everyone’s cup of tea.
- • Register for a certification course.
- • Specialist Certification.
- • On-the-job training.
- • Start your fitness business.
How fast can I get my personal trainer certification?
Do personal trainers make good money?
How long does it take to get NASM certified?
Is NASM test hard?
Can I take the NASM test without taking the course?
How much do NASM certified trainers make?
Do gyms pay personal trainers?
What gyms pay personal trainers the most?
- 24 Hour Fitness. Non-training hours at 24 Hour Fitness are minimum wage, but the gym does offer some attractive incentives.
- Anytime Fitness.
- Crunch Fitness.
- LA Fitness.
- Planet Fitness.
Do gyms charge personal trainers?
For personal training at a gym you may need a membership to that particular gym. Additionally, gym personal trainer costs also take into account the gym rental prices your personal trainer is charged. Gym personal training can still be a good option though.