Sellers on eBay can control who they sell to, and who can bid on and buy their items.
You may want to block a person from bidding on your items if you have had trouble with this bidder in the pastTo avoid having more trouble with the bidder in question, follow these steps to block them from being able to buy from you again.
Log into your eBay account
- Once you are logged in, go to your listings page.
- From there, select “Block Bidders and Buyers” option.
Select the bidders that you would like to block
- You will need to know the username of the bidder you are trying to block.
- Enter the username of the bidder you would like to block. You are able to block up to 5,000 users, as long as you know their usernames.
Complete blocking users
- If you are done blocking the users that you would like to block, select the “Submit” button.
- Now you have blocked those buyers. They will not be able to bid on your items.
Things to keep in mind when blocking bidders:
- You can also block bidders based on preferential criteria. You can choose not to allow buyers to place bids if they live in a place that you do not want to ship to, or if they have been flagged for unpaid purchases or other disputes in the past.
- To block a user based on your preferred criteria, go to “My eBay” and click on “Selling Preferences”.
- Next, find “Buyer Requirements” and select the button that reads “Show”.
- Look for the button that reads “Block Buyers Who”. Next to it, click the “Edit” option.
- You will be prompted to enter your preferences. When you are finished, hit the “Submit” button.
- Your preferences have been saved and will go into effect.
- You can choose to unblock a bidder after they have been blocked. Doing this will allow them to place bids on your items, so be sure you are willing to do business with them before you unblock them
- To unblock a user, go to the page “Block bidders and buyers from your listings”.
- Find the username of the buyer that you want to unblock.
- Once you find the username you are looking for, select and delete it from the text box.
- When you have finished deleting the usernames of the users that you would like to unblock, click the “Submit” button for your changes to go into effect.
- Now these buyers are able to place bids on your items.
How do I block a bidder on eBay?
Here’s how to block buyers based on specific criteria: Go to Selling preferences – opens in new window or tab in My eBay. Scroll down to Buyer requirements and select Edit next to Block buyers who. Enter your preferences and select Submit.
What happens when you block a bidder on eBay?
When you block a buyer on eBay, they can’t purchase any of your products. Blocked users will still be able to see your listings, but they can’t bid, make an offer or choose to ‘Buy it now’. They‘ll still be able to contact you (although there is a way to block messages from these users too!)
Can I reject a bid on eBay?
How to cancel a bid. Go to Cancelling bids placed on your listing – opens in new window or tab. Enter the item number, the username of the member whose bid you’re cancelling, and the reason you’re cancelling the bid. Select cancel bid.
Can you block sellers on eBay?
The seller’s being selective about who they do business with. You could be blocked indivually by being on their blocked bidder list. You could have run into one of their Buyer Requirements automatic blocks. In addition, they have their auto communications block set to not allow blocked member from contacting them.
Why can’t sellers leave negative feedback?
Sellers aren’t able to leave negative or neutral Feedback for buyers. That means sellers need other tools that will protect them against unfair treatment from buyers and bring those buyers to eBay’s attention. You can block buyers with too many policy violations, unpaid items, or who aren’t registered with PayPal.
How do I stop a buyer from leaving negative feedback?
When a buyer posts negative feedback accidentally, you can ask them to change it using the “Request Feedback Revision” page. If there is no response from the buyer, you can go to the “Report Feedback” page and explain the situation directly to eBay so they can handle the negative feedback removal.
Will eBay remove unfair negative feedback?
Because we don’t know when a buyer has actually paid, buyers are allowed to continue using eBay as they normally would, and that includes leaving Feedback. However, eBay will remove any neutral or negative Feedback left by the buyer in any of these cases: The buyer doesn’t respond to the unpaid item process.
Can negative feedback be left after refund?
No they don’t. They know when you enter tracking. Customer left negative feedback because they had a negative experience – ordered something, didn’t arrive, they had to request refund. They do not know from USPS or hand deliver or your decision to economise and ship without tracking or your track record.
Why did eBay removed my negative feedback?
Ebay removed deserved negative feedback left for seller
Since it was never listed as a natural diamond (formed in nature & mined from the ground) in the first place, and he listed it as lab-created & you knew that, why do you claim it wasn’t as described?
Can a buyer leave negative feedback if I cancel transaction?
Yes, buyers can leave negative feedback for cancelled orders. They’re dissatisfied that the item they purchased is not available.
How long does it take for negative feedback to be removed from eBay?
Or when exactly is it? It will disappear from the “Recent Feedback ratings” 12 months column, one year after the feedback was left. The feedback percentage is not recalculated immediately, so it may take another day for it to match the “Recent Feedback ratings”.
How many negative feedback are you allowed on eBay?
You can only open one dispute per transaction, and that is why you could not file another dispute. ” We looked into the sellers account history and saw he had 73 negative feedbacks in one year and 53 of the was in the same month we bought from him.
How do I respond to negative feedback on eBay?
Here’s how you can reply:
- From your feedback profile – opens in new window or tab page, find the feedback you’d like to reply to.
- Select Reply from the Action column.
- Enter your reply, then select Send.
How do I deal with negative feedback on eBay?
You can send a request to a seller to remove their negative feedback from your account’s feedback profile. Simply select the relevant piece of feedback and add a note about why you are sending the request. Then, click send. This request will be valid for ten days.
How do I respond to negative feedback?
The Right Way to Respond to Negative Employee Feedback
- Don’t take it personally. This should be the first commandment when you receive negative feedback.
- Don’t let it spoil your day.
- Let the comments sink in before responding.
- Ask the right questions.
- Take action.
- Don’t wait for feedback, ask for it.
Does negative feedback affect sales on eBay?
Negative feedback doesn’t affect how eBay measures a seller’s performance. For its part, eBay is more concerned with a seller’s defect and late shipment rates and whether they have cases that were closed without resolution than the buyer reviews.
What happens if you get a negative review on eBay?
Positive ratings and good feedback help a seller grow their business and reputation on eBay. If something goes wrong and they receive negative feedback as a result, they may choose to explain what happened by responding to your comments or by requesting a feedback revision.
Do you like this article?