- Block A Number On iPhone Using Settings
- Tap on the geared settings icon. It’s typically located on the home screen.
- Tap on the “Phone” icon located in a group of the menu featuring other Apple apps such as Mail and Notes.
- After that, tap on the “Call Blocking & Identification” located in the “CALLS” section. By doing that, you will see a list of all the numbers and contact previously blocked will appear.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and tap on the “Block Contact”. If you have a long list of contacts that extends down the screen, you will have to scroll down to find this option.
- Locate the contact that you’d want to block and then tap on the name to get the number blocked. By doing that, the selected number will be barred from contacting you via Face Time, phone call, or messaging. To unblock the blocked contacts and number, you can navigate to the upper-right corner of the screen and tap on the “Edit” button. After that, select the blocked contacts and phone numbers to get unblocked.
NOTE: To block more contacts, you can repeat the last two steps and select the numbers to be blocked.
- Block A Number On iPhone Using Your Phone Application
- On your home screen, tap on the “Phone” Application to get it launched.
- When the phone application opens, navigate to the bottom-left corner of the screen and tap on the “Recents”. It’s a clock-like icon.
- Find the number that you’d like to block and tap on the icon that resembles this ⓘ located on the right pane.
- Having done that, scroll towards the bottom and tap on the “Block this Caller” located at the bottom menu.
- Finally, locate the “Block Contact” and tap on it. By doing that, all calls from the blocked number will no longer get to your phone.
- Block all calls on iPhone Using Do Not Disturb Menu
- Locate the greyed “Settings” icon on your home screen of your iPhone to get it launched.
- Towards the top menu, locate and tap on the “Do Not Disturb” option located next to a purple icon having a moon inside.
- Locate the “Allow Calls From” option in the mid-list and tap on it. By doing that, other options for allowing calls will open.
- Tap on the “No one” option to block all calls from reaching your phone. You can also select other options such as “Favorites” to allow calls from a few selected contacts or tap on the “Everyone” to allow all incoming calls.
- After that, swipe up the screen from the bottom to open the control center. While on the control center screen, tap on the crescent moon-like icon located on the upper-right of the screen. By doing that, calls from everyone will get blocked except for the selected group.
- Block A Recent Caller
- On your home screen, launch the “Phone” application.
- In the new screen, tap on the “Recents” option.
- After that, you can locate the number of interest from the “All” menu or the list of “Missed calls”.
- When you get to the number that you’d wish to block, tap on the information ⓘ icon located next to the number on the right side.
- Finally, scroll downwards in the caller ID screen and select the option for “Block this caller”. By doing that, you should be able to block any recent call that you wouldn’t want to reach you in the future.
TIP: This procedure is the best for blocking the unknown numbers or the numbers that are not part of your contacts.
- Block A Number In FaceTimes
- Open your FaceTime application
- In the new screen that opens, tap either on the “Audio” or “Video” button depending on the kind of FaceTime call received from the unwanted number that you’d wish to block.
- From the list of calls that you received, find the number that you no longer want to reach you through FaceTime calls.
- Next to the number on the right side, tap on the information ⓘ icon to get more options.
- In the caller ID screen, locate the “Block this caller” option and tap on it. If it wasn’t a recent call, you might have to scroll down the screen to find that option.
- Block a Number From the Message Application
- Locate and open the “Message” application on your iPhone’s home screen.
- After that, get to the main list of messages received on your iPhone. Next, find the message received from the number that you want to block.
- Having done that, tap on the information icon ⓘ located on the upper right side of the message screen.
- Tap on the phone number or the name of the contact that you’d wish to block found on the upper side of the detail screen.
- In the caller ID screen, scroll downwards if necessary and then tap on the “Block this caller.” If it’s a message from one of your contacts, you can tap on the “Block Contact” instead. By doing that, the blocked number will no longer be able to send you any message or contact you via a call.
- Block Unknown Callers On iPhone
- Tap to open your “Settings” app located on your home screen.
- Scroll down the “Settings” menu and tap on the “Phone” option.
- Locate the “Silence Unknown Callers” option and tap on the switch beside it. This will channel all calls from unknown callers to your voicemail without your phone ringing and show a notification for the missed call in the “Recents” list.
NOTE: This is a new feature that comes integrated in the latest iOS 13. If your iPhone is not running.
- How To Manage Blocked Numbers And Contacts On iPhone
- To manage your blocked contacts and numbers, open your Settings menu.
- After that, tap on the “Call Blocking & Identification” heading.
- Tap on the “Edit” button found on the top-right corner of the screen
- Next, tap on the red minus symbol next to the contact you’d want to unblock.
- After that, tap on the “Done” button. Doing that will remove the selected contact(s) from the blocked list.
If you’d wish to add a contact or a number to the blocked list, select the “Block contact…” option and tap on the contact you’d want to block from the contact list. It’s important to note that all the contacts you select will be added to your list of blocked contacts.
- Block a number on iPhone using Third Party’s Application
Alternative to blocking a number on iPhone using built-in settings, you can also use third parties call and phone blocking applications to customize and set who to reach you via a phone call, FaceTime call, or text message. You can also set the specific time to allow the contacts to call or send a message to your phone.
If you’d wish to use a downloaded application to manage your calls and messaging, then you can try out the Call Bliss application. It is compatible with all iPhones and allows you to block calls based on the various categories that you create.
Also, it can allow you to block a group of calls automatically and allow calls from another category of contacts at the same time.