Block an Email on iPhone Using Gmail
- Tap on the Gmail app icon on the home screen. Doing that takes you to your primary inbox in the Gmail app.
- In your inbox, locate the email that you’d want to block and then tap on it. Doing that will open the contents of the email message with the name of the sender displayed at the top of the message.
- After that, tap on the three-dotted “…” icon on the top-right across the sender’s name. When you do that, a pop-up menu containing more options will appear on the screen.
- From the menu displayed, select “Block (Name of the sender)” that appears at the bottom of the menu. When done with that, email messages from the blocked sender will no longer appear in your primary email address. Instead, the messages will be channeled to the Spam folder.
Block an Email on iPhone Using Yahoo Mail
- Launch the Safari browser found in the Dock located at the bottom of the screen on your iPhone. Since the Yahoo Mail app does not let you block email senders on iPhone, computer, or desktop, you will have to head to the Yahoo email site.
- Navigate to the Yahoo Mail site on your Safari browser.
- Tap on the “Continue to mobile site” when prompted to view your Yahoo mail on Safari. When you get to Yahoo mail for the first time on your Safari browser, you will receive a prompt to download Yahoo Mail app your iPhone.
- Tap on the share button. It is a square-like icon with an upward-pointing arrow found on the upper-right corner of your Safari browser. By doing that, a share menu will appear on the screen.
- At the bottom of the “Share” menu, hit on the “Request Desktop Site” option located below a desktop computer-like icon. This changes your mobile browser view into desktop view as it would appear when using a desktop computer. If you’re not yet logged in to your Yahoo account, enter your yahoo email address and a corresponding password to get logged in to your account.
- Tap on the “Settings” icon located next to the top-right of the Yahoo Mail inbox. For you to see this, scroll to the right by swiping to the left. By tapping on the “Settings” option, a drop-down menu will appear on the screen. If you’re using the old version of Yahoo Mailbox, tap on the “One-click away from your upgraded mailbox” option located on the left of the page first before proceeding.
- Hit on the “More Settings” located on the lower part of the menu to open the “Settings” page.
- Navigate to the left side of the page and tap on the “Security and Privacy” tab.
- After that, locate the “＋ Add” found on the right of the “Blocked addresses” under the “Security and Privacy.”
- In the top-right part of the page, locate the “Address” text box. In the text box, type in the email address that you no longer want to receive emails from.
- Finally, tap on the blue “Save” button found below the “email address” field. When you do that, the email address will be added to your Yahoo inbox block list. As such, the email addressed will be barred from sending you a mail in the future regardless of the platform that you’re using.
Block an Email on iPhone Using iCloud Mail
- Launch your Safari browser by tapping on the app icon located in the Dock located on the bottom part of the screen.
- In your browser, head to https://www.icloud.com/#mail
- Tap on the square-like “Share’” button with an upward-pointing arrow located on the top-right corner of the Safari browser page. Doing that prompts the “Share” menu to display.
- After that, scroll to the bottom list menu and tap on the “Request Desktop Site” located below the desktop computer icon. Doing that changes your mobile view to desktop view. The webpage will now appear as it would be viewed in your desktop computer. If you’re not yet logged in, enter your Apple ID and a correct password to continue with the process.
- In your iCloud Mail account page, tap on the gear-like “Settings” found on the bottom-left corner of the page. By doing that, a pop-up menu will display on the screen.
- In the menu, tap on the “Rules…” Doing that will prompt a new Rules window to open.
- After that, tap on the blue “Add a Rule” link found on the top-right of the current window. If you can’t see the option, ensure you are on the “Rule” tab and then check on the upper-right corner of the window to find the option.
- Tap in the textbox below the “is from” heading and type in the email address that you would wish to block. If the heading above the email textbox reads something different, tap on the heading and then tap on the “is from” in the drop-down menu that opens.
- After that, locate the “Then” drop-down box found close to the bottom of the list and tap on it. By doing that, a dropdown menu will open.
- Locate the “Move to Trash and Mark as Read” in the menu and tap on it.
- Finally, tap on the “Done” icon located at the bottom of the list. This will create a rule that automatically directs the mails received from the blocked number into the “Trash” folder as soon as it is received. Also, the setting will work on your iPhone as well.
Block an Email on iPhone Using Microsoft Outlook
- Using your Safari browser, navigate to Microsoft’s web page using https://www.outlook.com/. If you’re automatically logged in, this will take you to your Microsoft Outlook inbox. If not yet logged in to your Microsoft Outlook account, tap on the “Sign In” button and then log in with your email and password.
- After that, tap on the Share button that resembles a square with an upward-pointing arrow. This option is found in the top-right corner of the Safari browser. Doing that prompts a menu to open.
- In the new menu, tap on the “Request Desktop Site” found in the list of options and below the desktop computer icon. Doing so changes the web page view from mobile view to desktop view. Now the web page will appear at it would appear when using a desktop computer.
- Next, tap on the gear-shaped Settings icon located in the upper-right corner of the window. Doing so prompts a drop-down menu to appear. To see this option when using your iPhone or iPad, scroll to the right.
- After that, scroll down to the bottom of the drop-down menu and tap on the “View full settings” link to open the “Settings” window.
- Tap on the “Mail” tab found on the left side of the settings window.
- Having done that, tap on the “Junk email” located in the column of the window.
- Locate the “Blocked senders” section at the top of the window and type in the email you’d like to block in the textbox above it.
- Tap on the blue “+” button located to the right of the email textbox. Doing so adds the email to your email block list.
Finally, tap on the “Save” button found on the upper side of the “Settings” window to affect the changes. Doing so prevents any email from the block-listed email from reaching your Outlook Mail inboxes even on your iPhone.