Is the slow internet due to the internet TV bothering you? Are you tired of paying for poor signals? Are you looking for an easy method to make an antenna? You have come to the right place.
In case your TV is modern enough, you are going to have everything that you need. You are not going to require an expensive TV tuner. It is going to take 15 minutes to build an antenna. Just follow the instructions given below.
- Gather the Materials
The first thing that you have to do is gather the materials which you will need for making the antenna.
- Remote and TV.
- Coax cable. Majority of the people have a spare. In case you do not, you can simply get one for a small amount of money.
- Electrical tape, any tape can do but the former one is a better choice.
- Painters tape if you don’t want to peel off your paint from the walls.
- Aluminum foil or tin foil.
- Duct tape.
- Cut the Cable
Your following step will be to cut the cable.
- Take the cable and then cut it in half. This way you will be able to make two antennas.
- Now, take out the inner insulation. Make sure that you do not cut yourself. It is important to take care not to cut the metallic shield.
- Twist this metal shield to make a wire.
- Then twist the insulation foil all around the copper wire.
- Take out the white insulation.
- Make the Antenna
This is the step for you to be creative.
- There are two designs and you can choose either one of them.
- In the first one, the ends will be connected and in the second one, the ends are going to be apart.
- There is no guarantee as to which one is better but most of the times it is the non-connected one that finds more channels. The one which is connected seems to find less channels. However, the latter is stable and doesn’t cut out much. Hence, it is up to you to decide which one you want.
- If you want, you can create your own design. For instance, the light shade can work wonder.
- Connect the Aluminum Foil
Now, the next step you need to take care of is connecting the aluminum foil.
- As you connect the foil to the cable ends, you will have to make sure that these do not short.
- Make sure that it is taped to the cable. This way the foil is not going to fall off.
- Thereafter, tape the cable and also the foil to the wall where it is to be mounted using the painter’s tape.
- Connect it to the TV
A majority of the modern-day TV has a tuner built inside it. However, if it is old then you are going to need a tuner. In order to connect, you will have to follow the given instructions.
- You have to connect the coax cable’s uncut end to the TV and then turn it on.
- Choose the model of the TV from the option.
- Click on settings or Menu on the remote.
- From the Settings menu, you have to find out the CH Search or EZ Setup.
- Now, from here, you will have to choose Antenna or Air. Albeit, you have connected the cable, the antenna receives broadcast from the air.
- Allow the TV to search the channels and the process is going to take some minutes. You should not move the antenna or even touch it.
- Now, you can watch free and uninterrupted TV.
- Get Better Signal and More Channels
The next step includes getting more channels and a better signal.
- There are some TVs which come with a signal setup option. This tells if the signal is good enough.
- In case there is a channel in the area which isn’t being picked up, input this manually through the remote.
- When the signal is zero, you will know that the antenna isn’t in the right place. Move it around till you get 50:60.
- Enjoy Free Connection
Now, it is time to enjoy the uninterrupted and free connection.
- Cancel your present subscription which you do not use frequently.
- This way you will be able to save a lot of money.
Other Ways to Boost TV Antenna Signal
Using a Metal Hanger
This process is easy to do and effective. You’ll need a few things like:
- Metal hanger
- Speaker wire
- The metal hanger will serve as an external booster. You can use a speaker wire/Coaxial wire as an extension for your antenna.
- Attach the coaxial wire with an indoor antenna. Use a tape to secure the connection between the wire and metal hanger.
- Take the hanger to a higher area and tape it to make sure it won’t move.
- Turn on your TV and check the signals. You will surely have a better viewing experience.
Using a Metal Bucket
Things you need:
- Metal bucket
- Place the bucket on a bath towel upside down.
- Place the small indoor antenna on top of the upside-down bucket.
- Turn on the TV and check your favorite channels. You will notice the improvement right away.
- If it is still not as clear as you expect it to be, you can rotate the antenna on top of the bucket a bit to get the right signals.
- You can mount the antenna in the attic.
Use a design or make a larger antenna.